• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Campbell: Saints tried to trade up for Horn, including offering Panthers a deal

amcoolio

People here oddly idolize and worship the Saints' FO in here way too much.  Everything they do is a 200-IQ move purely intended to screw us over.  It's weird as hell.  I was told before the draft that the genius Saints were moving into the Top 10 to steal a franchise tackle or franchise QB from us and now we find out it was for the cornerback WE drafted...lol.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

The also tried to trade up for Mac Jones. 

Of course, this was not the only time in Round 1 the Saints tried making a move. Michael Lombardi of The Athletic reported the Saints tried to position themselves to move up to draft Mac Jones as well, but New Orleans was thwarted when the New England Patriots took him at No. 15. 

I like when the saints lose.

The Saints too Marshon Lattimore at 11th years ago, so I  had a feeling they might want to move way up for one of the top CBs. I just underestimated how much teams were in love with Horn.

The party is over for the Saints now. If they sweep us this season I don't think I'll be able to recover.

8 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Agree with this. I just can't get with the notion of not listening at all to their offer because they are the saints or any divisions rival. I think you atleast see what they are talking about if nothing more than to get some idea of what they are thinking draft night. 

We evidently had no interest trading down to #28. That takes us out of the running for all the elite first round talent. 

• Pie 1

So can we just share Campbell's draft thoughts in the future since he clearly sits in the office with them? No more mocks, just Campbell's because literally everyone was clueless we were taking Horn and he knew. Which means he knew how Rhule and company ranked the players.

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

So can we just share Campbell's draft thoughts in the future since he clearly sits in the office with them? No more mocks, just Campbell's because literally everyone was clueless we were taking Horn and he knew. Which means he knew how Rhule and company ranked the players.

Went back and looked....here's his last 5 mocks

2021: Jaycee Horn

2020: Derrick Brown

2019: Brian Burns

2018: Ronnie Harrison - mentioned the Panthers were in the market for a receiver but had DJ Moore and Ridley off the board by the Panthers pick

2017: Dalvin Cook - mentioned that the Panthers were searching for a 3 down back but had the wrong one 

So he obviously knows someone in there, and not just from the Hurney/Rivera regime

• Pie 1