• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Green Bay...

Mr. Scot

I mean, I get Rodgers being done with Green Bay, Green Bay is flat out wasting a HOF QB.   

There 2020 draft of going QB in the first, RB in the 2nd....is inexcusable.  I think that was the nail in the coffin. Then he still goes and puts up a MVP season and comes up short.  

It was said, when Watson was making his attempted move out that it was always just a  matter of time before that mentality made it's way to the NFL.  

I mean, Rodgers isn't a likable guy.  But a likeable guy would be making a fair stand IMO in this scenario.  Rodgers gonna catch some flack because he is a jerky in general. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Could be worse.   They could be the Texans.

I guess it depends on whether you'd rather fall just short of the Super Bowl or not even make the playoffs.

Some people really hate getting close only to miss out.

Probably safe to say Aaron Rodgers is one of those people.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I get Rodgers being done with Green Bay, Green Bay is flat out wasting a HOF QB.   

There 2020 draft of going QB in the first, RB in the 2nd....is inexcusable.  I think that was the nail in the coffin. Then he still goes and puts up a MVP season and comes up short.  

It was said, when Watson was making his attempted move out that it was always just a  matter of time before that mentality made it's way to the NFL.  

I mean, Rodgers isn't a likable guy.  But a likeable guy would be making a fair stand IMO in this scenario.  Rodgers gonna catch some flack because he is a jerky in general. 

They've absolutely done some dumb sh-t, with the Jordan Love pick probably being the worst move in recent memory.

That said, it's one thing to complain. Covertly doing things to sabotage your team is a dick move.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They've absolutely done some dumb sh-t, with the Jordan Love pick probably being the worst move in recent memory.

That said, it's one thing to complain. Covertly doing things to sabotage your team is a dick move.

decent odds this is GB just trying to make Rodgers look bad. 

I don't think Rodgers was calling folks up and going out of his way to do anything.    Someone asks him?  I'm sure he was pretty blunt about how he saw things.  Sure looked to most like GB was trying to plan for life after him and wasn't doing much for him.  What is he suppose to say? 

I just think if Rodgers appeared to be nice and likeable guy....his public support would be better. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also taking a CB in the first round instead of offensive help yet again was a nice gesture.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

decent odds this is GB just trying to look bad. 

I don't think Rodgers was calling folks up and going out of his way to do anything.    Someone asks him?  I'm sure he was pretty blunt about how he saw things.  Sure looked to most like GB was trying to plan for life after him and wasn't doing much for him.  What is he suppose to say? 

Hence why I say "Green Bay is a mess" rather than just "Rodgers is a dick".

Granted, he is a dick. He's also a dick with some legitimate complaints.

Picking out who's the good guy and who's the villain in this story is... complicated.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

It's possible, I suppose, but I took this as that during conversation he was telling people that he didn't know if he would be/not planning on being there moving forward, rather than going out of his way to call people to tell them or intentionally trying to sabotage the team as it were.

Edited by Floppin

just this offseason we have seen Watson, Wilson and now Rodgers try to flex some power on their franchises.  That's a trend. 

a trend I think Brady likely helped influence.  Yeah, Brady didn't flex to get out....but he took his talents to somewhere that wanted to win right now.  And that team on top of that gave Brady a pretty big say in roster acquisitions. 

• Pie 1