• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Green Bay...

Mr. Scot

Rodgers gets a pass by most in the media. They make him out to be a victim of how the organization failed him. Well he failed the organization by failing to win the NFC championship game  last season after Brady turned the ball over 3 time in the second half. Yet it's easier to blame the young coach for kicking the FG than blaming Rodger for failing to win that game. Any other QB would've been destroyed by the media.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, dpanther69 said:

Rodgers gets a pass by most in the media. They make him out to be a victim of how the organization failed him. Well he failed the organization by failing to win the NFC championship game  last season after Brady turned the ball over 3 time in the second half. Yet it's easier to blame the young coach for kicking the FG than blaming Rodger for failing to win that game. Any other QB would've been destroyed by the media.

Brady has a stacked roster going against Rodgers.  Both sides of the ball.  GB overachieved IMO. 

And yes, I'm conscious of the fact that the team I'm calling a mess has an infinitely better record than us over a very long period of time. We'd certainly be a lot better off if we'd been to as many conference championships as they have in the last decade.

I guess it comes down to what your expectations are.

There does come a time when almost winning it all multiple times just isn't enough. The hard part is figuring out when you've come to that point.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

just this offseason we have seen Watson, Wilson and now Rodgers try to flex some power on their franchises.  That's a trend. 

a trend I think Brady likely helped influence.  Yeah, Brady didn't flex to get out....but he took his talents to somewhere that wanted to win right now.  And that team on top of that gave Brady a pretty big say in roster acquisitions. 

All these guys saw the stacked team that TB immediately put around Rodgers and started looking at their organizations and going 'why didn't we do that since you had, you know, me!"

1 hour ago, t96 said:

We'd be immediate SB favorites with Rodgers (giving up only future assets and no current roster players). I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

I don't think he wants to be here. I am not even sure he would be happy on a West Coast team. I think he just hasn't realized that he is over football.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...is a mess.

Heaven knows Rodgers has all the talent in the world, but good grief what an entitled, narcissistic douchebag he's become.

he has always been one, according to members of his own family.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Seattle-GB trade--

I'd be for it based on the entertainment value alone.

Green Bay wasn't on Wilson's list of approved destinations, but at the time he made that list he may have figured there was no way in hell they'd part ways with Rodgers.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rogers isn't wrong for refusing to play.

Green Bay it's your move. 

That goes back to the whole "high standards" question.

I doubt anybody would deny that the Packers are one of the best teams in the league. They just haven't been the best.

It's all relative.