• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brett Kollmann's 5 Biggest Draft Steals

davos

2 hours ago, davos said:

I think both Horn and Marshall have all-pro/star ceilings. 

Christensen's ceiling being a rock solid, 7-9 year starter (being a bit older)

Daviyon is a mega steal in my book.  Excited for Hubbard & Tremble (especially) as well.

Cap on two legit OG prospects in Deonte & Moore.  Such a f*cking solid class.

But back to Marshall:

My 2 favorite aspects that tend to come out a lot of these LSU guys is in game quickness and aggressiveness/magnetism towards the ball once thrown. Landry and Odell were awesome at this, Jefferson as well.  They just naturally adjust like magnets and go for the ball, don't let it fall into their hands.  Shi Smith is also excellent at this so I'm just excited all around. 

On paper, this class is one of the best ever. Regardless of Sam panning out or not. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Holy shet...if anyone watches that Matt Nagy Justin Fields talk when they picked him.  So awkward.  Fields sound so uninterested.  wow.  Wish I could post what I just saw.

I didn't see it, but to be fair if I had just been drafted a lot lower than I expected to be, I might be a little grumpy.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't see it, but to be fair if I had just been drafted a lot lower than I expected to be, I might be a little grumpy.

Fields is a self admitted introvert and it shows.  The opposite of someone like Cam Newton who was a born leader.  If you put stock in natural leaders at QB, Justin isnt that guy.  He stuggles in that area.  Didn’t realize that till these post draft interviews.

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Fields is a self admitted introvert and it shows.  The opposite of someone like Cam Newton who was a born leader.  If you put stock in natural leaders at QB, Justin isnt that guy.  He stuggles in that area.  Didn’t realize that till these post draft interviews.

Hell, I can't remember who, but someone posted a whole thread about it earlier this year when comparing Fields vs. Lance.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Hell, I can't remember who, but someone posted a whole thread about it earlier this year when comparing Fields vs. Lance.

The pick of Lance does make some sense in retrospect 

Now...the step up in comp is huge...lol SF saying he could sit 2 years today.

Edited by Shocker

On Marshall:

Been a fan of his after 2019, and only grew after watching Jefferson in the NFL. Marshall is a guy that forum draft experts in these parts scoffed at in February as a luxury unneeded pick. Over rated in 2019 bc of all the other guys at LSU. only mediocre stats (a TD plus a game over last 20 games?!?). Only guys I had there with him was Jenkins out of need, not potential or who would be better as a pro. 

Here's the thing, in 2022 we have to make a tough call on Robbie, either pay 2 wrs 10+ a year or decide which WR to keep ( Moore by a landslide). So we HAD to restocks sometime soon. Is the 2nd too much? No, this is a guy with all pro potential at 59.

He was extremely productive in 2019 as 3# at LSU and still got what 13 TDS? Only 4 games out of 12 he didn't score. In big games in 2019: bama 1 TD, Dawgs 2TDS, Sooners 2TDS, tigers 1TD. So he shows up. 

He dominated games in 2020 to the point they basically made him the offense (mizzu game) and he slayed. 10 TDs in 7 games without a rear QB..... Yeah luxury to have this production over 19 games......

The 2 leading WR at LSU in 2019 both pegged Marshall as the guy with the highest potential. His jump ball rate is otherworldly. Coaches rave about his football IQ. Took a leadership role in 2020 and challenged the team after a slow start as a true junior. Then go read up on his character on the athletic (to those with a sub). He isn't a prima dona like so many wrs. 

His issue was stuck as #3 in 2019 (13tds poor guy) and limited 2020 thanks to covid, health, and all of LSU 2019 offense all but gone. He does have some medical flags, but on the field he was dynamic. IMO he has 3 real issues: stay on the field, block a bit better, and a little more focus on the ball before turning up field (can get a little lazy here). That's about it, and a little nitpicky. 

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, zacka77ack said:

Not gonna lie...this whole time I thought his name was TerraNce Marshall. Just realized its Terrace.

I only caught on after reading a couple draft reviews and noticed.  I think “Terance’s” name will unknowingly be butchered like Curtis “Samuels,” and folks on here will get bent out of shape before long.