• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Marcus Spears on Matt Rhule

If we start out 1-4, and Darnold still looks like a jet, will Rhule bench him?

Will he fold under pressure?

Remember how long Whitehead started?

Pride before the fall...

Dumping Cam, Giving up on Teddy, Passing on Fields/Jones,...

*HotTake*

PJ starter by end of the year.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Rhule ain't got long for this job. He just traded a coach maker for a coach killer. Sam's working on his third coach in three years, with one going on to build a Super Bowl winning defense. Talk about seeing ghost; there's going to be some reunions going on with Sam having to face old nemesis from the AFC East. You folks will be lucky to put two wins together this year, and by this time next year yall will be looking for another qb, and possibly another coach while having to pay Sam's 5th year guarantee. 

Can't blame Hurney for this one.

Is this Teddy Bridgewater's account?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Is this Teddy Bridgewater's account?

Just giving the folks here with the rainbows and unicorns a dose of reality.  You see, there were those who pompously claimed that Teddy is who he always was, are now hugging the nuts of a colossal failure who has been in the league the same amount of time as the guy that they hate. So if you hate Teddy and love Sam, you are on the ship of fools.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He is trying so hard to troll, but isn’t very good at it...  

Here is a little advice. You have to make it just slightly believable you might be for real with the slightest shades of truths in your troll. It either gets a good chuckle or response. That’s like Trolling 101.

What makes it funny is that he is basically just a bitter Teddy fan. That's at the root of all of it.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

What makes it funny is that he is basically just a bitter Teddy fan. That's at the root of all of it.

According to him Teddy is going to be a star someday.  I guess we are just going to miss out on his sure fire can't miss probowl QB.

Why on earth he's still here is beyond me.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Just giving the folks here with the rainbows and unicorns a dose of reality.  You see, there were those who pompously claimed that Teddy is who he always was, are now hugging the nuts of a colossal failure who has been in the league the same amount of time as the guy that they hate. So if you hate Teddy and love Sam, you are on the ship of fools.

Thats...............a bit short sighted no?

"Teddy Bridgewater is what he always was." That's the chorus line. How many of you have said it, thought it, believe it today? Well, Now you have a quarterback who has never completed over 60% of his passes, never been to the playoffs, never had a winning season, and a career rating of 78.6. This is not going to end well. This has dumb ass owner meddling all over this with nobody having the guts to say how stupid this move was.

I believe Bridgewater fans have a right to be bitter about the behavior of Carolina fans who were unbelievably cruel to the man.  This is just a response to the hypocritical gasbags who sign on to a disaster that should have been seen a mile away. Full disclosure, there will be no sympathy from this corner of the web for your foolish leap of faith off the cliff that Sam built.  

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

I like Rhule, I really do. What he's done here is essentially what he did at Temple and Baylor in his first season and a half at each. If he builds the same way and gets the same work ethic from his team, we should start seeing results this season and then become world beaters by the next.

Still, let's not crown him yet. This is the NFL and it eats head coaches alive and spits first them out every year. There probably isn't a tougher gig to keep hold of or a more high pressure one. 

We just ended a season at 5-11 (with some optimism), but it was basically the same record the last coach left town with. This year's really a make or break one for the coaching staff (no matter how long that contract is for -- bad results will mean some kind of shake up). The draft we're all cheering and saying how great we did trading back and back and baaaaack. I hope we are all patting ourselves on the back at the end of the season for it and that Rhule didn't just get his guys, but got guys that will compete and win here. Still, there are a lot of big names that we passed up on, so there's some reason to worry about the "could have beens".

I'm looking forward to this season and I hope we do great. I hope we can make the play offs. But I do realize that Rhule is a straight from college Head Coach and this is the toughest division in football over the last 20 years. We're staring at two games with the world champions (and probably the best QB to play the game), two games with a Falcons team that still has a dangerous QB and a new coaching staff that wants to win now. And we have the Saints, leaderless and wounded but still a dangerous team.  

Rhule is a gutsy, gritty guy full of character. I hope he comes out swinging and clears the room. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

According to him Teddy is going to be a star someday.  I guess we are just going to miss out on his sure fire can't miss probowl QB.

Why on earth he's still here is beyond me.

There is something quite enjoyable about saying "I told you so"...

...we'll see if @Breakpoint4510 is right on Teddy and/or Sam going forward, only time will tell.

As for his backward looking analysis and parsing of the "narrative" surrounding both players, it is all undeniably spot-on.

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

There is something quite enjoyable about saying "I told you so"...

...we'll see if @Breakpoint4510 is right on Teddy and/or Sam going forward, only time will tell.

As for his backward looking analysis and parsing of the "narrative" surrounding both players, it is all undeniably spot-on.

Will you be following the Tedster to Denver?

• Beer 3

58 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

"Teddy Bridgewater is what he always was." That's the chorus line. How many of you have said it, thought it, believe it today? Well, Now you have a quarterback who has never completed over 60% of his passes, never been to the playoffs, never had a winning season, and a career rating of 78.6. This is not going to end well. This has dumb ass owner meddling all over this with nobody having the guts to say how stupid this move was.

I believe Bridgewater fans have a right to be bitter about the behavior of Carolina fans who were unbelievably cruel to the man.  This is just a response to the hypocritical gasbags who sign on to a disaster that should have been seen a mile away. Full disclosure, there will be no sympathy from this corner of the web for your foolish leap of faith off the cliff that Sam built.  

So once Darnold has more TD passes after 8 weeks that it took Teddy 16 weeks  you will leave this site?

• Pie 1