• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Marcus Spears on Matt Rhule

Teddy is no longer a Panther. He didn’t fit what our staff was trying to do. The conservative, check down style passes aren’t what Brady was wanting. I’m as concerned about Darnold as the next person, but I completely get fans getting excited and hoping he does well. He is our QB now for better or worse. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

There is something quite enjoyable about saying "I told you so"...

...we'll see if @Breakpoint4510 is right on Teddy and/or Sam going forward, only time will tell.

As for his backward looking analysis and parsing of the "narrative" surrounding both players, it is all undeniably spot-on.

The Huddle did crap on Teddy pretty hard, probably harder than we should have. And Teddy walked into a tough situation. The team let go of fan favorite Cam and there was no way that he was going to fill those shoes. Then covid happened and he had to try to lead a team with no offseason and a new coaching staff. That would be tough for most players (not named Tom Brady).

But despite everything that was stacked against him, he proved himself to not be clutch in the "make it or break it" moments. I was a Teddy fan all season, but towards the end of the year, with the ball in our hands at the end of the game there was just no confidence that Teddy could win - and he proved he could not. 

So yeah we poo poo'ed him hard but the change needed to be made. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m as concerned about Darnold as the next person, but I completely get fans getting excited and hoping he does well.

He is our QB now for better or worse. 

Teddy is no longer a Panther. He didn’t fit what our staff was trying to do. The conservative, check down style passes aren’t what Brady was wanting.

Did you go into last season with similar optimism and support for Teddy?

If so, how far into the season did the team get before you turned against Teddy?

If anyone knew who Teddy "was" it was Brady -- if there wasn't a good fit why did they sign him in the first place? 

What gives you comfort the staff has made a proper decision this time around?

I'm beginning to worry that there's some dysfunction present within the staff...

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If so, how far into the season did the team get before you turned against Teddy?

If anyone knew who Teddy "was" it was Brady -- if there wasn't a good fit why did they sign him in the first place? 

I'm beginning to worry that there's some dysfunction present within the staff...

Typically you don't turn the QB position over as frequently as other positions but considering that we have made minimal investments in that position Im actually ok with turning the position until we hit. 

On 5/5/2021 at 4:24 PM, Breakpoint4510 said:

Rhule ain't got long for this job. He just traded a coach maker for a coach killer. Sam's working on his third coach in three years, with one going on to build a Super Bowl winning defense. Talk about seeing ghost; there's going to be some reunions going on with Sam having to face old nemesis from the AFC East. You folks will be lucky to put two wins together this year, and by this time next year yall will be looking for another qb, and possibly another coach while having to pay Sam's 5th year guarantee. 

Can't blame Hurney for this one.

pepsi GIF

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I went into last season excited about Teddy.  He was winning everywhere he played and Brady seemed to think I highly of him. I don’t think I ever “turned” on him. I think he is a decent QB/good backup. I remember arguing with Linville about not believing in Teddy (he was right). Maybe after the 5th potential game winning drive failure I kind of saw his ceiling wasn’t that high. He is like a Dalton to me. Solid, not too many mistakes, but won’t put the game on his shoulders in crunch time. He was higher in turnovers that I thought, but I think a lot of those came after he got injured.

I don’t have comfort they made the right decision with Darnold. I was pushing big time for them to draft Fields to the point of annoying several people on here. I get they are 0-1 with the cost of $40 million when it comes to finding their QB. I see Darnold as still very raw where Teddy was polished and he has a higher ceiling, but lower floor because of that. He probably gives the staff more to work with (risk taker, stronger arm, and faster than Teddy), so it will be a good indication as to how well they can “develop” a QB as to having Teddy who was already developed into his max potentially IMO.

At the end of the day they picked Darnold and Horn over Fields at 8 because they are high on him. He has potential and still is young so I’m cautiously excited about him and this season. I do love that he hit the ground running practicing with CMC and our WRs. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Your opinion is as permissible as the next. One part of the next is that your opinion sucks. 

If you believe Teddy didn’t suck last year then you’ve cemented your status as somebody nobody here should take seriously. His new career high in touchdown passes is still lower than 2/3 of Sam Darnolds seasons so far. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

If you believe Teddy didn’t suck last year then you’ve cemented your status as somebody nobody here should take seriously. His new career high in touchdown passes is still lower than 2/3 of Sam Darnolds seasons so far. 

Teddy's production got two teams to the playoffs. Sam's production got two coaches fired. That's because Teddy operated within the confines of balanced offenses with growing levels of efficiency. Mike Davis and Curtis Samuels got paid as a end result of working with Teddy. Robby and D.J. had career years in yards. Yet to yall, he sucked, and now Jeudy, Fant, and Gordon get to benefit of his play.

With all of that, you of Huddle legend, hang your hat on the narrowest of margins that Sam Darnold may have had over Teddy Bridgewater. What does Sam have to show for his extra seven touchdown passes? Wins? Nope. Playoffs? Nope. Rookie of the year? Pro Bowl? Nope and nope. Just a wasteland where coaches careers go up in flames. 

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Teddy's production got two teams to the playoffs. Sam's production got two coaches fired. That's because Teddy operated within the confines of balanced offenses with growing levels of efficiency. Mike Davis and Curtis Samuels got paid as a end result of working with Teddy. Robby and D.J. had career years in yards. Yet to yall, he sucked, and now Jeudy, Fant, and Gordon get to benefit of his play.

With all of that, you of Huddle legend, hang your hat on the narrowest of margins that Sam Darnold may have had over Teddy Bridgewater. What does Sam have to show for his extra seven touchdown passes? Wins? Nope. Playoffs? Nope. Rookie of the year? Pro Bowl? Nope and nope. Just a wasteland where coaches careers go up in flames. 

I think you somehow are confusing team success with individual success. Teddy got carried in Minnesota and they let him walk away. They chose Case Keenum and Kirk Cousins over him. Teddy got carried in New Orleans and they chose Taysom Hill and Jamies Winston over him. The Jets had him in the building and decided to trade him away. We literally had him here and after one season we’ve done everything we can to get rid of him and find anything else. They literally chose a reclamation project over him.  

Sam Darnold has sucked and somehow still outscored Teddy while Teddy has been surrounded by talent everywhere he has been. The goal of an offense is to score touchdowns. QBs need to pass for scores. You want to pat him on the back for getting yards but can’t deny he doesn’t throw for scores. 

Id bet anything that if Sam Darnold plays 14 games this year he throws for more touchdowns than Teddy. 

Teddy will be on another team as a backup in another year and you’ll still believe he some franchise QB lol. He sucked. If he played better he’d still be here. 

Are you a fan of the college he played for? That would explain some of this rose tint. 

Edited by Varking

It's funny how the last offensive coordinator to go to the playoff with Minnesota managed to get Teddy Bridgewater to come to Denver. You'll never understand, because you've been brow beaten by this Huddle crowd hopped up on hopium. You'll never understand because you believe that every team that Teddy has played for was magically good while he was there and tragically worse since he left. That's because you don't know what a good team looks like. If you did, you wouldn't be so happy with the backwards trajectory of your team.

Since I no longer have a dog in this fight, I'm going to sit to the side and watch you howl at the moon while wallowing in the suck that is the Carolina Panthers.  

• Beer 1