Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Do you think with more games added to the season, that " load management" will creep in the NFL


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Panthero said:

Id like to see them expand the roster.  It would place a larger premium on how well a team runs its affairs. 

^ This x 1000. They've honestly needed it for years now, especially if their concern is for "Player Safety".

By adding more guys to the roster it can lower the overall workload for everyone on the team and keep players healthier. 

  • Pie 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

No more so than now. If you lock up a playoff or the conference championship early, the latter not likely, then you deserve to rest players (which is in some sense a regular part of the game). Conference seeding matters and does have Super Bowl implications because some paths are easier than others. I don't see one game changing that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, grateflday said:

Same for baseball for sure... WAY to many games.  

 

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

so many baseball games, they have no meaning. 

I don't watch baseball, I find it very boring, so my take means little to nothing. However, don't they usually have a close race to the pennant? That would seem to indicate that even though there are a bunch of games, that they all matter to the contenders.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cvlngnir said:

 

I don't watch baseball, I find it very boring, so my take means little to nothing. However, don't they usually have a close race to the pennant? That would seem to indicate that even though there are a bunch of games, that they all matter to the contenders.

Can't speak for baseball. However, there is a broad consensus among the hockey world that this Covid shortened season is the most exciting in recent memory. It certainly has been for me, and not just because the Canes are #1 in the league right now! 

Part of it has been the lack of non conference games. But, cutting ~20% of the schedule has made each game matter that much more. The players feel it, and intensity is up also. With just over a week left in the season, Carolina is in line for the President's Trophy, but still hasn't wrapped up its own division yet. 

All that said, I don't think a 17th game will dilute the NFL product. The NFL doesn't have a talent issue like the NBA or the systemic problems that plague baseball. Although, if they keep expanding it, that point will come. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tbe said:

The NBA has far too many games. It would be a more exciting sport if each individual game mattered.

Agreed. I don't see how people can stand to watch regular season NBA. I mean, most of the time it's obvious the players are just going through the motions, getting up occasionally for rivals or key games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. I don't see how people can stand to watch regular season NBA. I mean, most of the time it's obvious the players are just going through the motions, getting up occasionally for rivals or key games.


I went to a hornets game a few days ago. The most exciting thing about that game was seeing Mrs Tepper and our top 5 draft picks hanging out.

Most HS bb games are more intense that that game was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tbe said:


I went to a hornets game a few days ago. The most exciting thing about that game was seeing Mrs Tepper and our top 5 draft picks hanging out.

Most HS bb games are more intense that that game was.

Standard NBA regular season action. The game would be greatly improved with a reduction of games played but no one wants to give up money. Not the owners, not the players, not the networks. The NFL will sadly probably get to the same point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...