• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've always heard using FA to set up the draft

top dawg

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I didn't like much from Day Two and I didn't feel like we effectively addressed the issues with the OL. Those were my biggest criticisms overall. I am a little nervous about passing on Slater and Fields at 8, but I have warmed up a lot to that pick overall. 

Outside Horn, I feel like we probably got more depth guys than starters from this draft. That makes me less excited but our roster depth was abysmal last season, so every bit helps.

I think we got 3 guys that will start this year (Horn Marshall and Christiansen).  I think Taylor Nixon and the two guards will eventually start (probably next year). Shi could start next year if we let Anderson walk. Tremble is a starter anytime we run a play with a Fb or h- back. And I don’t want to reignite the whole ‘is a long snapper a starter?’ So I’ll just say Fletcher will be our starting long snapper. That is an efficient draft. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I think we got 3 guys that will start this year (Horn Marshall and Christiansen).  I think Taylor Nixon and the two guards will eventually start (probably next year). Shi could start next year if we let Anderson walk. Tremble is a starter anytime we run a play with a Fb or h- back. And I don’t want to reignite the whole ‘is a long snapper a starter?’ So I’ll just say Fletcher will be our starting long snapper. That is an efficient draft. 

If we get as many starters as that, then it was a great draft. I don't see that happening, however. 

10 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

My guess is that most of this draft will play significant minutes this season.

Starters:

• CB Jaycee Horn is a day 1 starter.
  • WR Terrace Marshall and DT Daviyon Nixon will be in heavy rotation immediately
  • OL Brady Christensen will be the starting LT or LG by the middle of the season  
  • LS Thomas Fletcher

Backups who play often:

• TE Tommy Tremble
  • RB Chuba Hubbard 

Significant minutes in packages: 

• OG Deonte Brown in short yardage / goal line
  • WR Shi Smith on special teams and as an occasional slot receiver
  • Pie 1

I'm still baffled how Hurney said will Grier was the highest rated qb on their board and the guy has not ever thrown a td kn an nfl game. Or moving up ten spots to draft little while giving up a third rounder because he was left tackle material and now he will he lucky to make the team as a guard. Smh

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am interested in finding out how many of these drafted guys will make the roster. If most all do then it was an awesome strategy. If many don't then it was more of a mixed bag.

Probably 2/3's will make it out of necessity.  This team is not very deep or loaded at a lot of starting positions.  I'm not sure we are in a position yet to just waste picks we went to a lot of trouble to collect.

• Pie 1

Drafts like this one and last year pave the way for letting solid players walk in free agency.  Our top 3 picks play some of the most expensive positions to fill and all could see significant PT in their rookie year.  As a result, I could see Anderson and Jackson having solid years and moving on next year for big contracts - scoring us a couple of 3rd round comp picks while having decent replacements ready.  Try to stay young, hungry, and fiscally smart.

• Pie 1