• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: GREAT FIT: Why Sam Darnold will be a great Quarterback for the Carolina Panthers.

12 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

I see what you did there, lol.  Seriously, we have several Brits and Aussies’ on our message boards, they’re very knowledgeable.  
They even understand the whole college loyalty, history and tradition thing.  We hosted an Aussie who traveled to the US to see a game and experience a tailgate.

Fun guys, just as passionate as our craziest of the craziest. 

I’ll be coming over one day myself to experience the lot 

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

He’s haunted by ghosts now. I hate to say it, but he won’t overcome that. I’m starting to think this staff has no idea what a good QB is.  As much as I feel Cam is done this team would have won the same amount of games with Cam as they did with Teddy. 

spacer.png

Just my opinion but I feel like many more of us feel better about Sam than Teddy. Other than Igo and a few others, most of us agreed signing Teddy was a horrible move. I think in this case the majority are excited to see what Sam can bring. Myself included. There’s absolutely no reason to not give him a chance based on what happened with the Jets. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

He’s haunted by ghosts now. I hate to say it, but he won’t overcome that. I’m starting to think this staff has no idea what a good QB is.  As much as I feel Cam is done this team would have won the same amount of games with Cam as they did with Teddy. 

or it could be that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Beer 4

9 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’ll be coming over one day myself to experience the lot 

Aussie punters are sought after by CFB programs.  Our Aussie Trojan,  the one we hosted, also visited LSU on game day, they have a punter from Australia as well.

This is our guy:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28271629/former-tiger-ben-griffiths-kicking-goals

You have a whole network out here.  As well as attending a Panthers game, you should also experience a few college games.....there is a lot more pageantry in CFB, most stadiums are on campus or within a short walking distance, everyone competes for the best tailgate.

If you do decide to visit, and want to see what a college game day experience is like, pm me.  

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I don’t like the school narrative for QB failure or success. You need to evaluate each QB on their merits and traits. But I’m not anointing Fields a franchise QB

The issue is that it is hard to evaluate a qb in a system where all qb’s look great.  I’m not saying he won’t be great...just that the situation would make me very nervous.

so much about being a great nfl can’t be evaluated during a pro day...you have to see it in film.  When an offense doesn’t ask a qb to do those things, it is very hard. 

Post-saltiness over trading for Darnold, I'm not feeling as bad as I once was. I like the potential of him turning around with a new start here, but I'm not quite excited yet. I just need to see it on the field, and I hope all of this disappointment goes away on my end.

Fingers crossed he proves me wrong.

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

Post-saltiness over trading for Darnold, I'm not feeling as bad as I once was. I like the potential of him turning around with a new start here, but I'm not quite excited yet. I just need to see it on the field, and I hope all of this disappointment goes away on my end.

I think the fact that Fitterer managed to recoup most of the draft picks (aside from next year's 2nd rounders) the Panthers gave up for Sam, is probably what is cushioning the blow for you.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Madwolf said:

We all are brother.  At least the team as a whole will be better if we are looking again next season.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1