• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update on the Bronco players holding out of OTAs.

Owners flexing their muscles, trying not to be like NBA. The Aaron Rodgers debacle is showing no player is better than the owners.

• Pie 1

It's going to take a LOT for the NFL to back off of this one. And honestly I understand why. They have millions of dollars of guaranteed money on the line and a lot of training activities are pretty high risk, especially if handled by some "guru" a lot of pro athletes get suckered into following. Hell, even Tom Brady has that snake oil salesman that infiltrated the entire Pats organization and if truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if getting that quack out of the building didn't play at least some role in Brady and NE parting ways.

• Pie 3
Just now, Trainwreck said:

That’s how it should be. Imagine building a small business but your employees run the show and make all the decisions. When they want to come to work and how much they should be paid. Nvm, this world is already like that. 

Lol.....what world you live in? Parents house?

• Beer 4
13 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

That’s how it should be. Imagine building a small business but your employees run the show and make all the decisions. When they want to come to work and how much they should be paid. Nvm, this world is already like that. 

Goddamn right. 

• Pie 2
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Can't blame the NFL. I get if you don't want to go to OTAs thats happened for years. Just don't expect the nfl to pick up the bill of you get hurt.

Exactly. Yet I'm being hung for thinking so. 

15 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

At the same time, he can’t fire them because he can’t find any help. No one wants to work anymore for what he's willing to pay. 

FTFY. God forbid the common person have any bargaining power. Let them eat cake, right?

• Pie 2
4 hours ago, jackson113 said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/5/5/22420881/chiefs-players-react-as-broncos-player-who-suffered-injury-could-lose-contract

In a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Tuesday, word came of a torn Achilles injury that will end the season of Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James. Since the injury occurred while James was engaged in a workout outside of Denver’s practice facility, it immediately became big news.

Long story short player got injured at another facility, so the NFL wants to void contract. Putting pressure on hold out players worried about the coronavirus.

( Ps. The last thread got derailed by coronavirus deniers , keep it civil please.)

the thread should have gotten derailed b/c it has nothing to do with the Panthers, much like this one.

37 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

They’re going to suck regardless anyway, if you get hurt outside of work, will your job keep giving you a weekly check? Nope.

I think the contracts and such make this more difficult to process. Can't compare a professional athletic portion to a regular 9 to 5, part of their job description involves working out and if they come into camp overweight depending on the contract they get fined and/or cut depending. Really murky situation with alot of ? And not alot of answers. Also seriously doubt he went out and intentionally blew out an Achilles, because that is how this convo is trending.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Even just a little compassion goes a long way.

You are lost. 

The NFL has the rights to do so. But yes, let's let the players get hurt on their own, and claim the NFL is responsible.  

It sucks the guy got hurt, but the rules and policies are clearly stated. 

• Pie 2
8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

the thread should have gotten derailed b/c it has nothing to do with the Panthers, much like this one.

Not my players not my problem, derp derp...

13 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

It sucks the guy got hurt, but the rules and policies are clearly stated. 

Honestly, this is where I'm at. This was all clearly laid out in the contract. His union gave him horrific advice. Hopefully he reached out to his agent before making this decision and had the risks and potential ramifications explained to him.

I feel bad for the guy, but it's on you to understand your contract and if you then make a decision that can lead to negative ramifications you have to accept those risks. If it means a lot to the players to be able to workout on their own in the offseason then they should've to made that clear to the NFLPA. Now they're in a CBA signed through 2030 and in no position to negotiate something like this that is going to receive massive pushback from the league. If it's a COVID-related issue (it's not), then they should've made it clear to the NFLPA that they wanted this included in the COVID specific revisions that were made to the CBA. 

I'm 99.9% pro player/pro worker, but on this one I understand where the league is coming from.

• Pie 3
2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You have compassion for people who don't follow clearly stated rules and policies??

All it takes is for the league to give one “waiver” on a issue like this and then the flood gates will open. Just takes one.

• Pie 1
9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You have compassion for people who don't follow clearly stated rules and policies??

Honestly, yeah I do. Especially when that person is supported by a professional organization that is supposed to be supporting his best interests but in actuality gave him terrible advice and used him as a pawn in their pissing match. The NFLPA doesn't care that this happened to him. They suffer no I'll effects. Hell, truth be told they're probably secretly glad. This gives them a victim card to play in the PR battle.