• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update on the Bronco players holding out of OTAs.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/5/5/22420881/chiefs-players-react-as-broncos-player-who-suffered-injury-could-lose-contract

In a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Tuesday, word came of a torn Achilles injury that will end the season of Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James. Since the injury occurred while James was engaged in a workout outside of Denver’s practice facility, it immediately became big news.

Long story short player got injured at another facility, so the NFL wants to void contract. Putting pressure on hold out players worried about the coronavirus.

( Ps. The last thread got derailed by coronavirus deniers , keep it civil please.)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The NFL came out with. Memo that warned of this and the NFLPA continued to advise players not to work out in person. While I feel bad for the guy, the NFL is within their rights to void his $$$. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

I wish there was a way to put the NFLPA on the hook for that $10M. He was working out at the facility until he got specific advice from the NFLPA not to. I wonder if they or his agent advices him that injuring himself working out on his own could lead to forfeiting his salary?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5
1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish there was a way to put the NFLPA on the hook for that $10M. He was working out at the facility until he got specific advice from the NFLPA not to. I wonder if they or his agent advices him that injuring himself working out on his own could lead to forfeiting his salary?

I would certainly hope that even a dumpster-tier agent would know enough to do that. because if he didn't, then James might come after the agent for his money, and he would have a fighter's chance.

I mean, if the Broncos want to lose the locker room and any chance of high value free agents, they surely could refuse his salary.

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

I mean, if the Broncos want to lose the locker room and any chance of high value free agents, they surely could refuse his salary.

This might be bigger than just one team's decision.  The NFL may want to set a precedent for all teams and push the Broncos to void the contract.  

• Pie 3

Can't blame the NFL. I get if you don't want to go to OTAs thats happened for years. Just don't expect the nfl to pick up the bill of you get hurt.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately unions rarely take blame for what they cause and I'm pro union in a lot of circumstances.

The NFLPA and the league need to find a way to address this issue so players can maintain their conditioning in a safe/COVID free environment without risking their contracts.  This should be done ASAP before any further instances occur.

The league or the NFLPA (or both) should be covering this player's financial losses unless it can be shown that he was doing something out of the ordinary/reckless while training. 

The amount of money involved is peanuts in comparison to the costs of a possible labor dispute. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1