• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at Joe Brady's Offense+New Weapons

davos

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Alright, what do you think he does this year stat wise?

I think he’s gonna play an impact role. One of the things not mentioned is he doesn’t have a learning curve with the playbook because of Brady. I see him stepping right in and performing.

im not big on predicting stats. But I would be very surprised if he doesn’t have an impact year 1

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I think he’s gonna play an impact role. One of the things not mentioned is he doesn’t have a learning curve with the playbook because of Brady. I see him stepping right in and performing.

im not big on predicting stats. But I would be very surprised if he doesn’t have an impact year 1

Like it or not Moore is ahead of him on the depth chart.  Could that change, sure but then he would be wr #3.  If that happens where is his production coming from?  He cutting into DJ's production, Anderson, Cmacs?  Oh and there is also a new pass catching TE we just signed.  I am just not seeing where his targets, playing time, etc are going to come from.  Now if someone got hurt..........

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Like it or not Moore is ahead of him on the depth chart.  Could that change, sure but then he would be wr #3.  If that happens where is his production coming from?  He cutting into DJ's production, Anderson, Cmacs?  Oh and there is also a new pass catching TE we just signed.  I am just not seeing where his targets, playing time, etc are going to come from.  Now if someone got hurt..........

that doesn't mean anything.  Jimmy Clausen was ahead of Cam Newton on the depth chart at this time in 2011.    

Moore should be ahead going into camp simply because he is a vet and the kid just got drafted.   Simple as that.  Doesn't mean anything right now.  We won't have a clue about depth charts until they put some pads on and start working. 

The Seattle WR has never logged more than 400ish yards in a season.  He is going to keep a talented rookie off the field if that rookie is ready and we hit on the pick.  Look at Higgins, Claypool, etc last season.  Should Moore of kept them off the field? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We had 3 1k+ from scrimmage receivers last year and 1 1k+ from scrimmage rb. DJ Samuel and Robbie. I would be shocked if Moore is in over Marshall even at the beginning of the season. The targets are there. I think Arnold is overrated around here. He has like 700 total yards and 7 tds in 3 seasons. Brady doesn’t seem to use TE much but we’ll see if that changes. He could surprise.

I think we might see DJ in the slot more with Marshall and Robbie lined up more outside. But Marshall can line up anywhere and produce which gives him flexibility for more targets especially in the redzone being 6’3” and 200 lbs.

I’m usually not one to think a rookie WR can step in and make an impact but Marshall is kinda different.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We had 3 1k+ from scrimmage receivers last year and 1 1k+ from scrimmage rb. DJ Samuel and Robbie. I would be shocked if Moore is in over Marshall even at the beginning of the season. The targets are there. I think Arnold is overrated around here. He has like 700 total yards and 7 tds in 3 seasons. Brady doesn’t seem to use TE much but we’ll see if that changes. He could surprise.

I think we might see DJ in the slot more with Marshall and Robbie lined up more outside. But Marshall can line up anywhere and produce which gives him flexibility for more targets especially in the redzone being 6’3” and 200 lbs.

I’m usually not one to think a rookie WR can step in and make an impact but Marshall is kinda different.

Joe Brady at LSU also had 5 guys with at least 45 catches.  On 2 less games than guys will have next season. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady at LSU also had 5 guys with at least 45 catches.  On 2 less games than guys will have next season. 

Yeah but this is also contingent on Darnold performing.  

Also I know he has medical concerns and if he’s ok with those I really think Marshall has the ability to be a #1 receiver in the future. I loved this pick and at the bottom of the 2nd was incredible value. He needs to hone in on his route running more but that will come with just being a professional and being surrounded by good coaches. Super talented and motivated guy. Brady was grinning ear to ear in the interview about drafting him. 

Edited by TheRumGone

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah but this is also contingent on Darnold performing.  

Also I know he has medical concerns and if he’s ok with those I really think Marshall has the ability to be a #1 receiver in the future. I loved this pick and at the bottom of the 2nd was incredible value. He needs to hone in on his route running more but that will come with just being a professional and being surrounded by good coaches. Super talented and motivated guy. Brady was grinning ear to ear in the interview about drafting him. 

well, I was just trying to highlight how the Brady pass offense by design spreads the ball around. Both in college and the pros. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don't know if Darnold is the answer.  I do think Darnold has proven to be good enough to at minimum have us compete in games and win some.  

I dunno. I’m talking contingent on Darnold if he just totally mentally bombs which I think is possible. I’ve been watching some of his games. Some of the poo he does makes no fuging sense. And they are huge backbreaking stuff.  Like huge brain farts. We hope he can be coached out of that but I think some of that is just in his dna. Bad habits. Brady has a pretty qb friendly system so I’ll hope he can make the most of his opportunities. I’ll hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I dunno. I’m talking contingent on Darnold if he just totally mentally bombs which I think is possible. I’ve been watching some of his games. Some of the poo he does makes no fuging sense. And they are huge backbreaking stuff.  Like huge brain farts. We hope he can be coached out of that but I think some of that is just in his dna. Bad habits. Brady has a pretty qb friendly system so I’ll hope he can make the most of his opportunities. I’ll hope for the best.

well, I do think the manner in which he allows us to compete in games will be vastly different than Teddy.  

I do think Darnold is of the Jake mold.  Clearly more athletic.  All depends if Joe can get the good version of that out of him. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, I do think the manner in which he allows us to compete in games will be vastly different than Teddy.  

Maybe. Teddy was consistent and conservative which is good and obviously very bad at times. Darnold is like the opposite end of the spectrum. Teddy could keep us in games by not screwing up and feeding the ball around like a point guard. But we could never rely on him to take over a game to win. Darnold has the ability to keep us completely out of games with turnovers and boneheaded mistakes. 

one thing is for certain Darnold is ten billion times more exciting then teddy.