• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins Releasing Starting S and Team Captain Bobby McClain

joemac

4 minutes ago, davos said:

Holy smokes, I stand corrected

Ah it was Brandon Jones that filled in; they rolled with Rowe+McCain as their starters.  Factor in Holland, the moved makes sense looking at the salary.  Still interested to see where this kid lands.

Here is a good article pertaining to S/CB Bobby McCain's  release.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-bobby-mccain-released-20210506-hi3hmdtwsng7ngkiuwplr3keru-story.html

McCain was an extension of Flores on the field. And it was his unit’s strong play that allowed the Dolphins front seven to deliver the exotic blitzing that produced the majority of Miami’s 41 sacks in 2020.

McCain has pulled down seven interceptions in the 87 games he’s played for the Dolphins, which includes 55 starts. Last season McCain registered 46 tackles and one interception in 16 games.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Sounds like they might look to trade him instead?

Sometimes when a team announces they're going to cut somebody, they're fishing for a trade.

Of course, if teams know you're just going to release them anyway, there's not necessarily as much incentive.

19 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Do people not like Burris. I thought he looked pretty good till he got hurt?

Burris is more of a SS and a big nickel. We are lacking a true FS with starting potential on the roster. Kenny Robinson fits the profile better than anyone else and he is a huge question mark.

Interesting....didn't Hooker visit Miami already? I wonder if one is the first shoe to drop in order for the 'Phins to get the guy I prefer we sign, Malik Hooker. 

Not against McCain, but he'll be 28 in August and would honestly prefer to save the money and ride Burris for now at FS while bringing Robinson along as the third safety. I think Chinn spends way more time at SS this year which will allow Burris to play better. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sometimes when a team announces they're going to cut somebody, they're fishing for a trade.

Of course, if teams know you're just going to release them anyway, there's not necessarily as much incentive.

Right - its the same thing that happened with Cam.  Once the rest of the teams know you're going to release a guy, why would they trade any resources when they could just sign him once hes released?

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

If we could go out and land a guy like McClain, and Clay from the Bears, our roster would be SET!  Unfortunately I don't think we have enough cap to make both of those moves.

We have 18.5 mil.  15 showing and another 3.5 available after june1st for Tre Boston.  

I think we are shopping for a LT.  May wait until cuts happen with all the drafted OL this year.  But I think our starting LT is not on the roster right now.  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Right - its the same thing that happened with Cam.  Once the rest of the teams know you're going to release a guy, why would they trade any resources when they could just sign him once hes released?

Because if you can secure a guy for a 7th at a price you like, it's better than having to negotiate against other teams. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

We have 18.5 mil.  15 showing and another 3.5 available after june1st for Tre Boston.  

I think we are shopping for a LT.  May wait until cuts happen with all the drafted OL this year.  But I think our starting LT is not on the roster right now.  

Rookies haven't signed yet.  Well, ok, Hubbard JUST signed today, not sure it's reflected yet tho.