• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins Releasing Starting S and Team Captain Bobby McClain

joemac

Rhule is a big believer in giving the young guys he sees potential in reps. Guys like Sam Franklin, Hartsfield and even Kenny Robinson. 

At this point I’d be surprised if we brought in a veteran safety given where we are as a team but who knows...

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Sounds like they might look to trade him instead?

He still has almost $15M left on his contract for the next 2 years, but none of it is guaranteed. So he may be willing to restructure with whatever team picks him up. 

41 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

We have 18.5 mil.  15 showing and another 3.5 available after june1st for Tre Boston.  

I think we are shopping for a LT.  May wait until cuts happen with all the drafted OL this year.  But I think our starting LT is not on the roster right now.  

Carolina really doesn't have much to spend. With 11 rookies, it will take close to $12M to sign the class. They will keep $3-4M at least open during the season for emergencies. Panthers have maybe $3M to play with to sign veterans without restructures or cuts. 

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Carolina really doesn't have much to spend. With 11 rookies, it will take close to $12M to sign the class. They will keep $3-4M at least open during the season for emergencies. Panthers have maybe $3M to play with to sign veterans without restructures or cuts. 

These teams can ALWAYS free up money if they really want to sign a guy.

I will be honest--I do not pretend to know what we need on defense any more.  I used to be able to say, "Boy, we need a DT"---and then I went to HurnMart and got me McClain and Fua on the grab rack.  I used to say, "We need a free safety,"   then Amahurn sent me Hakuri Nakamura, an order that took 30 days to arrive.

These days, with the hybrids and the 3-3-5 and big nickel and stuff--I have no idea.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 4