• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good are we expecting Jaycee Horn to be?

Corner is hard.  I’d say the hope is Horn looks really tough in year 2.  Flashes year 1.  Think you have to give a rookie DB a year to take some lumps.

He gets Brady twice, Matt Ryan twice.  Given how much experience they and their weapons have?   I won’t be hard on Horn learning some lessons there.  Same with Dak, Murray and Allen given who their 1’s are.

• Pie 1

It depends on our pass rush, and how well our offense plays, and a lot of other factors. If our offense is mediocre or worse, then Horn is going to get destroyed. If the pass rush sucks, then Horn is toast. It's all just woven together.

Assuming a good pass rush, and good offense, you should see Horn do very well.

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Last 10 years.  Pretty boom or bust.  Gilmore being the lone exception probably.   Some still have time but I wouldn’t put them on Gilmore’s path when you look at them early vs him early.  He played out his full contract at Buffalo. 

2011 -Peterson - Pro Bowler, year 2.  Pro Bowl year one was returning. 

2012- Claiborne -JAG, on 3rd team 

2012 - Barron - JAG, on 4th team

2012 - Gilmore - Pro Bowler in 7th year with 2nd team 

2013 - Milliner - bust - out of league

2014 - Gilbert - bust, new team by year 3 

2016- Ramsey - All Pro/Pro Bowler, year 2

2016 - Apple - bust, on 3rd team

2018 - Ward- Pro Bowler, year 1

2020 -  Okudah -TBD

Marshon Lattimore is pretty damn good and seriously balled out as a Rookie 

5 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

Marshon Lattimore is pretty damn good and seriously balled out as a Rookie 

No doubt.  I just cherry picked out guys that went top 10.  I edited the post to add it was guys that went top 10 over the last decade. 

• Beer 1

My expectation for his first year is turbulence as he learns the scheme and speed of the game. 

If he can keep up with receivers and TE's without too much PI, I could very well see his ceiling as Ramsey during his rookie year. They also in common speed and freakishly long arms for corners. 

One thing is for certain, he's not Darryl Worley. I expect him to get picked on early and often but his attitude so far tells me he's up for the job. He wants to be great, that's unteachable. 

Side note: This pick actually upgrades both corner spots. And If Donte has atleast half of the ego I think he does, this should push him also. 

• Pie 1

I was not excited about Jaycee at #8. I thought he was a little too grabby for the NFL and wasn't impressed with his lackluster efforts in run support--That said he definitely has elite cover ability and athletic traits....... at worst he'll be average and his upside is way up! I hope he proves me wrong about being good enough to take at 8- (it shouldnt be too hard according to my wife).

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1

Expectations will be too high on him from the Fields fanboys.  He will never live up to their expectations.

As for me?  Not sure, maybe something resembling a potential long term solution at CB1 by the end of the season would be nice.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Lots of corners in the league. Lots of corners who get drafted every year. Okudah was the 3rd pick last year and I know it's early but so far looks like he shouldn't have been the pick. Are we expecting him to be leaning more towards elite or more towards just average?

According to the flashy box on my wall, the last 2 drafts the first defensive players drafted (Young/Bosa) won DROY each season respectively.  Horn was the first Defensive player picked and we have a solid 1st round hit rate.

I want that type of production.  Hes got the attitude and the skills, I think he can handle it.

• Pie 2

Only thing I am worried about w Jaycee is penalty's. He's real sticky, but can be grabby from what Ive seen on tape. Other than that he will be a stud. He reminds me of a 2015 Norman with consistency. He's got insane ball skills, he just didn't have too many chances because of how sticky he is. Sewell was who I was hoping for with Horn #2 right behind him. I def wanted him over Surtain. To me, Surtain is pretty soft and would've ran a 4.55 at an actual combine. I like him, but he doesn't have a lot of top end speed. I feel Rhule when he says Jaycee just had that IT factor. You notice that in him more than Surtain. Idk maybe I am wrong, but I would have taken the shot on the better athlete, with the confident mindset. 

• Beer 2