• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Wingo and Tony Pauline on Panthers draft class

On 5/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, stbugs said:

Continuity is not always good? What could that possibly mean? It’s not good that the OL knows what they should do on every play? It’s not good that the WRs and QBs are used to each other?

I’m sorry, but I like their chances way better for 2021. You’re a blind homer if you like our chances better. This goes back to the old hope of the draft. There is a tiny chance, as some have mentioned, that we pull 6 starters from the draft. There is a tiny chance that the OL is fixed and our FA OL play at a level they’ve never played at before.

I like our draft and some of the FAs, but the chance that it all works out this year instantly is very slim. All Tampa has to do is avoid injuries. Look at our 2016, even with the decimation of our OL (one starter played the correct spot all year, were down to 3rd string C, had Remmers at LT, etc.) and other injuries we were a Ganope away from 9-7/10-6. That’s what an already talented team gets you. Had our OL been healthy, we make the playoffs again like 2017.

We in 2021 aren’t there yet and Tampa is. I’d take the odds with established NFL talent every day over hoping FAs and rookies play at a high level. Don’t get me wrong, Brady will retire at some point and I like our future, especially if we can get good OL play, but a lucky with injuries Tampa has this division.

Continuity creates expertise, then it creates ruts. Life 101

• Pie 1