• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Slide: Daviyon Nixon

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I just like that we actually have a GM and organization that finally takes chances on these types of players. Hurney and Richardson would have NEVER. Yeah, most of the time they don't work out, but sometimes  they do (Tyreek Hill) and you get a steal in the later rounds.

There was a certain DL out of Mississippi State who we should all recall...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

These guys are young. Dumb comes with that.

not with all of them, and its not a great excuse.

but it sure was true for me. i grew out of the young part. the dumb.... i'm still a work in progress.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

“Feedback from the Iowa staff was not positive” This is the most concerning part. It’s one thing to be immature off the field but still be coachable and a good teammate. It’s another thing when you are not well liked by the coaching staff.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I literally am struggling to find a true off field issue, only thing I'm finding is that he has a learning disability, which as long as he has the maturity, shouldn't be an issue and if anything else makes me more proud (As a parent of a child with autism) to support him than I did beforehand.

• Pie 9

59 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

“Feedback from the Iowa staff was not positive” This is the most concerning part. It’s one thing to be immature off the field but still be coachable and a good teammate. It’s another thing when you are not well liked by the coaching staff.

An Iowa staff kind of famous for being draconian and out of touch with their players, though. I don't know what the note about avoiding suspensions indicates, but given the source, I'm not that worried about what the staff thought. 

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

I just like that we actually have a GM and organization that finally takes chances on these types of players. Hurney and Richardson would have NEVER. Yeah, most of the time they don't work out, but sometimes  they do (Tyreek Hill) and you get a steal in the later rounds.

I've said for years I hated that we just drafted choir boys.

• Pie 2

Would be nice if he turned out like Greg Hardy, just talent wise/draft value of course.  

Also, it mentioned we did not address the position further in free agency or in the draft...didn’t we sign DeQuan Jones and draft another DT with our last pick?

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

not with all of them, and its not a great excuse.

but it sure was true for me. i grew out of the young part. the dumb.... i'm still a work in progress.

Not all but the majority. It's a spectrum of dumb. For whatever reason regular young people generally get more "dumb" leeway than athletes. Generally.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1