• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer: We want Sam Darnold to just flush what's happened

NAS

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In the last 10 seasons the Texans (Panthers) have:

- 7 winning seasons (Panthers 3).

- 6 division titles (Panthers 3, one w/ a losing record LOL!).

- 10 playoffs games (Panthers 6).

NOTE:  In last 10-seasons Texans have same number of winning seasons (7) as Panthers have in their 26-year history.

PS...you are correct about the Jets, "they just aren't ran well"...LOL.

Living in South Texas, I get an up close perspective of a team's ownership doesn't care about winning. They have consistently made questionable moves/decisions since their inception. They can't keep the players they should. They can't protect their QB's. When they finally get a good one, the take away the talent around him instead of continuing to build around him.  Seems like selling tickets is.more important to them than winning. 

I am GLAD our Panthers have never been ran like that. 

You can spin that however you want to. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Anderson was good in NY before Darnold arrived, Crowder was coming off a career year, Mims showed a lot of potential when Flacco played. Darnold was holding those guys back for the most part. If Flacco played all of last season the jets offense would have been much better.

My point is these players play much better away from the Jets and Gase. Anderson played better his first year away and Bell went from Pro Bowler on the Steelers to cut from the Jets in over one year of playing. How exactly was Darnold holding back his running back? You do realize the Jets have 0 wins without Darnold starting since he was drafted?
I’m not saying Darnold made them look good, I’m saying the Jets/Gase held them back. Mims had just over 350 receiving yards all year and Crowder was a yard below 700 with 6 TDs after having just over 800 and 6 TDs the year before. Crowder was their WR1 this year and has no business being it for any team...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I am GLAD our Panthers have never been ran like that. 

You can spin that however you want to. 

There's no spin here pal...

...as the inimitable Bill Parcells once said, "you are what your record says you are"...

...again:

In last 10 seasons Texans (Panthers) have:

- 7 winning seasons (Panthers 3).

- 6 division titles (Panthers 3, one w/ a losing record LOL!).

- 10 playoffs games (Panthers 6).

NOTE:  In last 10-seasons Texans have same number of winning seasons (7) as Panthers have in their 26-year history.

While for whatever reason/s you may harbor personal animus towards certain Texans ownership/exec's it's undeniable they have lapped the Panthers franchise as it goes to "winning"...

...it's really not even close.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:22 PM, Diehardpanth02 said:

So does that mean you give him one year to prove himself? Or one year before you start bringing in competition?

I think realistically, 2 years. This season, and next bc, likely we will still need to tweek some things to get the roster put together how they envision it.

We knew after one year with Teddy. I hope we know the same about Darnold. Be the one or be the one who gets us the one. It's anything in between those two scenarios that is the worst case scenario. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

My point is these players play much better away from the Jets and Gase. Anderson played better his first year away and Bell went from Pro Bowler on the Steelers to cut from the Jets in over one year of playing. How exactly was Darnold holding back his running back? You do realize the Jets have 0 wins without Darnold starting since he was drafted?
I’m not saying Darnold made them look good, I’m saying the Jets/Gase held them back. Mims had just over 350 receiving yards all year and Crowder was a yard below 700 with 6 TDs after having just over 800 and 6 TDs the year before. Crowder was their WR1 this year and has no business being it for any team...

Bell is a receiving back that correlates with the QB. Do you realize the jets offense played better with a washed up Flacco?

Perriman, Mims and Crowder would have been the best WR core Cam has ever had. That is not a terrible trio like the narrative you and every apologist is trying to paint. People like to crap on Teddy but he at least knew how to use Robby. 

58 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Bell is a receiving back that correlates with the QB. Do you realize the jets offense played better with a washed up Flacco?

Perriman, Mims and Crowder would have been the best WR core Cam has ever had. That is not a terrible trio like the narrative you and every apologist is trying to paint. People like to crap on Teddy but he at least knew how to use Robby. 

Bell isn’t just a receiving back he is a patient runner who needs blockers. They CUT him from their team after a year. Perriman had less yards and half the TDs he had at Tampa his first year at the Jets. The Jets/Gase struggle to use talent correctly when they have it. Flaco went from 65% at Denver (where he sucked) to 55% with a lower rating and 0 wins on the Jets. Do you know get it? The JETS can’t use what little talent they get because Gase isn’t good at coaching. 

Cam had DJ Moore, Samuel, Funchess, Olsen, and CMC catches passes from him in 2018. If you think Perriman with his 600 yards, Mims with his 350, and Crowder make up a better group than that I’ve got nothing else to say. Cam just couldn’t recover from injuries he sustained from our shitty line. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Bell isn’t just a receiving back he is a patient runner who needs blockers. They CUT him from their team after a year. Perriman had less yards and half the TDs he had at Tampa his first year at the Jets. The Jets/Gase struggle to use talent correctly when they have it. Flaco went from 65% at Denver (where he sucked) to 55% with a lower rating and 0 wins on the Jets. Do you know get it? The JETS can’t use what little talent they get because Gase isn’t good at coaching. 

Cam had DJ Moore, Samuel, Funchess, Olsen, and CMC catches passes from him in 2018. If you think Perriman with his 600 yards, Mims with his 350, and Crowder make up a better group than that I’ve got nothing else to say. Cam just couldn’t recover from injuries he sustained from our shitty line. 

Bell had over 600 receiving yards and 100 targets, how is he not a receiving back? Perriman only started 4 games in Tampa opposed to 12 in NY he had over 600 yards.

Flacco literally beats Darnold in almost every stat per game you do know that right? the two wins Darnold got was cause the defense held the opposing team to 20 or under and forced multiple turnovers. Jets won those two games in spite of Darnold.

Lol Olsen was literally on his last leg and Samuel and Moore were not starting until Cam got hurt. The three starters were Torrey Smith, Funchess and Wright. I would take the jets trio over those 3 in a heartbeat. Mims alone has more potential.

You keep bringing up Gase forgetting Darnold also sucked with Bowles. But let me guess it’s Bowles fault 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Bell had over 600 receiving yards and 100 targets, how is he not a receiving back? Perriman only started 4 games in Tampa opposed to 12 in NY he had over 600 yards.

Flacco literally beats Darnold in almost every stat per game you do know that right? the two wins Darnold got was cause the defense held the opposing team to 20 or under and forced multiple turnovers. Jets won those two games in spite of Darnold.

Lol Olsen was literally on his last leg and Samuel and Moore were not starting until Cam got hurt. The three starters were Torrey Smith, Funchess and Wright. I would take the jets trio over those 3 in a heartbeat. Mims alone has more potential.

You keep bringing up Gase forgetting Darnold also sucked with Bowles. But let me guess it’s Bowles fault 

Let’s simply ask Todd Bowles how he was as a head coach... “the record speaks for itself” knowing he was getting fired. If you think Gase or Bowles are great head coaches why aren’t they ones currently. Is this how desperate your argument has become? Do you think Bowles was a good head coach?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/2434173002

You aren’t counting 1st round WRs as starters. Moore started in 2018 (despite what you say) and had 788 yards (not bad for a rookie). Hey that would give him more yards than any Jets WR last year! You attempts are getting simply desperate at this point. Samuel crushes Mims with over 500 yards and 7 TDs. Mims was also a rookie who didn’t start, yet you are eager to include him in the WR talent for the Jets. (I also noticed you didn’t mention CMC as a receiver).

I’ll even use your own foolish logic against you. If Flacco was so much better than Darnold then why did Gase bench him for Darnold when he got healthy? Was is a bad coaching move? That would mean Darnold’s coach was no good right? Stop reaching and move on. 

18 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Let’s simply ask Todd Bowles how he was as a head coach... “the record speaks for itself” knowing he was getting fired. If you think Gase or Bowles are great head coaches why aren’t they ones currently. Is this how desperate your argument has become? Do you think Bowles was a good head coach?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/2434173002

You aren’t counting 1st round WRs as starters. Moore started in 2018 (despite what you say) and had 788 yards (not bad for a rookie). Hey that would give him more yards than any Jets WR last year! You attempts are getting simply desperate at this point. Samuel crushes Mims with over 500 yards and 7 TDs. Mims was also a rookie who didn’t start, yet you are eager to include him in the WR talent for the Jets. (I also noticed you didn’t mention CMC as a receiver).

I’ll even use your own foolish logic against you. If Flacco was so much better than Darnold then why did Gase bench him for Darnold when he got healthy? Was is a bad coaching move? That would mean Darnold’s coach was no good right? Stop reaching and move on. 

Bowles was better coach than Darnold was a QB, he can’t be all that bad he went 10-6 with Fitzpatrick.

Go look up Moore started games in 2018 you can clearly see he wasn’t a day 1 starter, matter of fact they were making threads about it on this forum. Same goes for Samuel who was on really limited snaps until Allen became the QB.

The thing is that Flacco is washed and the fact that a washed up vet with no future starting was better than Darnold is telling.