• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer: We want Sam Darnold to just flush what's happened

NAS

43 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Bowles was better coach than Darnold was a QB, he can’t be all that bad he went 10-6 with Fitzpatrick.

Go look up Moore started games in 2018 you can clearly see he wasn’t a day 1 starter, matter of fact they were making threads about it on this forum. Same goes for Samuel who was on really limited snaps until Allen became the QB.

The thing is that Flacco is washed and the fact that a washed up vet with no future starting was better than Darnold is telling.

Bowles is no longer a head coach and Darnold is an uncontested starter. If Moore didn’t start he got plenty of PT with 800 yards his rookie year. Again his rookie 800 beats out all the Jets starters. If you think the Jets had better coaches (who no longer have head coaching jobs) and better talent than us there is no point in continuing this discussion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, BlitzMonster said:

I love how the Panthers are handling Darnold.  No pressure to come in and be the savior.  Just surround him with talent.  Give him a great rushing attack.  Lots of good WR & TE as targets.  Provide the support that the Jets never did.  

I do have some concerns about the OL since it's a work in progress.  But last year, even with all the OL problems, Carolina was fairly average:  18th in sacks given up, tied at 19th for rushing yards per carry.   And I'd like to think the OL has improved somewhat since then.  

So I hope Darnold will come in this season and play relaxed.  The kid is talented, there's no doubt.   It's just great to see an organization help a player to achieve his best.  

Exactly. Even with the line the way it was last year, it wasn't terrible and with better QB play last year that could get it out to our WRs, we would've been in the playoffs no doubt. 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, GoobyPls said:

Anderson was good in NY before Darnold arrived, Crowder was coming off a career year, Mims showed a lot of potential when Flacco played. Darnold was holding those guys back for the most part. If Flacco played all of last season the jets offense would have been much better.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, GoobyPls said:

Bell is a receiving back that correlates with the QB. Do you realize the jets offense played better with a washed up Flacco?

Perriman, Mims and Crowder would have been the best WR core Cam has ever had. That is not a terrible trio like the narrative you and every apologist is trying to paint. People like to crap on Teddy but he at least knew how to use Robby. 

How many games did they win with Flacco?  

*crickets*   Thank you.

And what's with this with obsession with Cam again?   Cam is long gone.  Get over it.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 3

On 5/9/2021 at 11:45 AM, ForJimmy said:

Bowles is no longer a head coach and Darnold is an uncontested starter. If Moore didn’t start he got plenty of PT with 800 yards his rookie year. Again his rookie 800 beats out all the Jets starters. If you think the Jets had better coaches (who no longer have head coaching jobs) and better talent than us there is no point in continuing this discussion.

That cause a young QB will always get more shots than a coach, a SB winning coach at that. Moore has 800 yards cause he’s better than any WR on the jets, no one is saying other wise. Moore also played with better QBs. We’ve already seen Anderson, Crowder, Perriman produce with better QBs.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:45 AM, ForJimmy said:

It's Gooby. All you need to know.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

That cause a young QB will always get more shots than a coach, a SB winning coach at that. Moore has 800 yards cause he’s better than any WR on the jets, no one is saying other wise. Moore also played with better QBs. We’ve already seen Anderson, Crowder, Perriman produce with better QBs.

You stated earlier that Darnold has more talent around him than Cam ever had. That’s where the Moore argument came from. Funchess, Moore, Samuel, Olsen, CMC is far greater than what the Jets had is all I was stating. SB winning head coach or defensive coordinator? When talking about the development of a young QB having a Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator (who has been fired as a head coach) coach him up isn’t the best idea. I mean Jim Schwartz was the DC for the Eagles when they won. You want him coaching up your rookie QB?

I have a feeling that posters like Goober, Sizzle, and that Teddy Bridgewater Groupie(whose name escapes me) are going to be rooting for the Panthers to lose(and for Sam to struggle) just so they can point like Nelson (From the Simpsons) while going "Ha Ha.  Told ya so!"

Bunch of losers.

GO GET A JOB!

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 2

19 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You stated earlier that Darnold has more talent around him than Cam ever had. That’s where the Moore argument came from. Funchess, Moore, Samuel, Olsen, CMC is far greater than what the Jets had is all I was stating. SB winning head coach or defensive coordinator? When talking about the development of a young QB having a Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator (who has been fired as a head coach) coach him up isn’t the best idea. I mean Jim Schwartz was the DC for the Eagles when they won. You want him coaching up your rookie QB?

I was exaggerating but I would take Crowder, Perriman and Mims over Funchess, Wright and Smith, I would take those 3 over the majority of the trios we have had over the last decade. So the whole Sam had no weapons doesn’t hold up when other QBs are have less weapons. Oh and nice job avoiding the Bell receiving back comment

Except Bowles wasn't coaching him up he had an oc and QB coach for that. Again Fitzpatrick had career highs with Bowles, what’s the excuse there?

The amount of jumping through hoops to make excuses for a bad QB is hilarious. I can use your argument for almost every QB that washed out. Replace The name Darnold with Rosen it’s the same argument 

50 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I was exaggerating but I would take Crowder, Perriman and Mims over Funchess, Wright and Smith, I would take those 3 over the majority of the trios we have had over the last decade. So the whole Sam had no weapons doesn’t hold up when other QBs are have less weapons. Oh and nice job avoiding the Bell receiving back comment

Except Bowles wasn't coaching him up he had an oc and QB coach for that. Again Fitzpatrick had career highs with Bowles, what’s the excuse there?

The amount of jumping through hoops to make excuses for a bad QB is hilarious. I can use your argument for almost every QB that washed out. Replace The name Darnold with Rosen it’s the same argument 

So he went through two shitty head coaches in 3 years who no longer have jobs. Coaches get paid to win. Miami benched Tua for Fitzpatrick and the coach was not on the hot seat for doing so. These brilliant coaches failed to see what you are saying and kept playing Darnold when he was healthy over Flaco.

Bell’s receiving yards are normally off dumpoffs and screens, if you think he is out running deep routes and getting missed by the QB you need to watch more of his film.

Exaggerating is the excuse you are going with because you looked foolish. Let’s just say you are exaggerating about all of this and call it a day. Crowder, Perriman, and Mims are without a doubt a bottom tier receiving core.... 

Do me a favor and go find any decent analyst or commentator that feels Darnold had great coaches and weapons/support in New York. I’ll be here waiting............

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

So he went through two shitty head coaches in 3 years who no longer have jobs. Coaches get paid to win. Miami benched Tua for Fitzpatrick and the coach was not on the hot seat for doing so. These brilliant coaches failed to see what you are saying and kept playing Darnold when he was healthy over Flaco.

Bell’s receiving yards are normally off dumpoffs and screens, if you think he is out running deep routes and getting missed by the QB you need to watch more of his film.

Exaggerating is the excuse you are going with because you looked foolish. Let’s just say you are exaggerating about all of this and call it a day. Crowder, Perriman, and Mims are without a doubt a bottom tier receiving core.... 

Do me a favor and go find any decent analyst or commentator that feels Darnold had great coaches and weapons/support in New York. I’ll be here waiting............

The coaches got fired cause they had a shitty QB, Rivera would have been fired early on if he started his career with Darnold, that’s just how things work. Flacco is washed up with no future there’s zero incentives to keep playing him, that doesn't take away from the fact he played better than Darnold. 

Most receiving backs gets there yards from dump offs and screens........ lol

Funny thing you have to use one year in which the receivers you named weren’t even starting to find a panthers WR core better than the one Darnold had last year, that just goes to show how weak your argument is.

When did I ever said they were great? Go read my comment I said they aren’t as bad as people like you make them out to be. And the numbers prove that, Darnold is a cancer who makes his weapons worse.

the analytics community all think Darnold is terrible, all them think we made a mistake by passing up on Fields.

Edited by GoobyPls
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

The coaches got fired cause they had a shitty QB, Rivera would have been fired early on if he started his career with Darnold, that’s just how things work. Flacco is washed up with no future there’s zero incentives to keep playing him, that doesn't take away from the fact he played better than Darnold. 

Most receiving backs gets there yards from dump offs and screens........ lol

Funny thing you have to use one year in which the receivers you named weren’t even starting to find a panthers WR core better than the one Darnold had last year, that just goes to show how weak your argument is.

When did I ever said they were great? Go read my comment I said they aren’t as bad as people like you make them out to be. And the numbers prove that, Darnold is a cancer who makes his weapons worse.

the analytics community all think Darnold is terrible, all them think we made a mistake by passing up on Fields.

We get it, you hate Darnold with no data backing it up. He single handily ruined the Jets franchise and got Gase and Bowles fired. You want another year? Cam’s rookie year had Steve Smith, Ted Ginn, Lafell, Hixon, and prime Greg Olsen. It’s really not that hard. 
Blaming the QB for a RB not getting screen passes is beyond dumb. That’s my point. Bell’s receiving yards dropping had to do with play calling not Darnold.

Oh so you found ZERO examples of any analyst or commentator backing you nonsense. Zero as in the number of wins the Jets had with Darnold not playing these past 3 years.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We get it, you hate Darnold with no data backing it up. He single handily ruined the Jets franchise and got Gase and Bowles fired. You want another year? Cam’s rookie year had Steve Smith, Ted Ginn, Lafell, Hixon, and prime Greg Olsen. It’s really not that hard. 
Blaming the QB for a RB not getting screen passes is beyond dumb. That’s my point. Bell’s receiving yards dropping had to do with play calling not Darnold.

Oh so you found ZERO examples of any analyst or commentator backing you nonsense. Zero as in the number of wins the Jets had with Darnold not playing these past 3 years.

Oh me. Ginn wasn’t a part of the team until 2013. Cams 3rd. And had started 3 games in 3 years for a 49er team desperately needing WR. Hixon caught 7 passes. As a Panther. Total. Olsen just got traded for a 3rd. Far from his prime. 

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

The coaches got fired cause they had a shitty QB, Rivera would have been fired early on if he started his career with Darnold, that’s just how things work. 

It's actually not, but just for clarity Rivera was going to be fired in 2012. The only reason he wasn't is that Marty Hurney offered to fall on the sword for him.

So if that's "how things work", does that mean you think Rivera was being fired for having a sh-tty QB? 🤔

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1