• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tommy Tremble -- Here's a Breakdown If You're Interested**

SetfreexX

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He'll be a perfect 3rd down conversion.  I saw a clip where he went through the middle like he was blocking and snuck out for a huge gain.  We'll have plenty of 3rd down conversion from other players that just about every time we use him.  It will work.  20 or 30 catches for the season would be awesome.

Seems to me that there are sooo many skill players on Offense, that the possibilities are open-ended.  I don't see how any D can cover them all.  And Tremble has the moves and the speed to pick up blitzers, and to lead block on both sweeps and up the middle runs, so that passes and rushes have to be accounted for on every single play.

I didn't like it, but recall that last year, we'd start off a series with CMC up the middle (usually with only 2-3 yds to show for it.  If Tremble's in on those 1Ds, even those calls should yield a few more yds, at least.  CMC had to get it all on his own last yr.

Edited by bigdavis
  • Pie 1

Tommy Tremble projects as an F-tight end in the NFL, a flex weapon that will be best served in an offense that doesn’t charge him with playing with his hand in the dirt.

Tremble is a plus athlete who offers the long speed and agility to be dynamic as a pass-catcher, but his production to this point has yet to make the leap that you’d want to see to feel confident that he’s going to develop into an upper-level tight end at some point.

Tremble has spent his career at Notre Dame caught behind the likes of Cole Kmet and 2020 freshman star Michael Mayer; he’s been the TE2 who is charged with moving around the set or blocking on the perimeter to set up runs and screens to the outside.

Tremble’s potential is significant and his effort as a role player has been admirable, so you’ll feel fairly good that Tremble has the right makeup to stick as a developmental player while working himself into a more prominent role as he continues to mature.

4 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Seems to me that there are sooo many skill players on Offense, that the possibilities are open-ended.  I don't see how any D can cover them all.  And Tremble has the moves and the speed to pick up blitzers, and to lead block on both sweeps and up the middle runs, so that passes and rushes have to be accounted for on every single play.

I didn't like it, but recall that last year, we'd start off a series with CMC up the middle (usually with only 2-3 yds to show for it.  If Tremble's in on those 1Ds, even those calls should yield a few more yds, at least.  CMC had to get it all on his own last yr.

I think he'll earn a lot of playing time wiping out defenders in space on our zone plays - the most we'll notice him as a rookie is when he springs a long run.

He has a ways to go as a receiver, but the potential is there. If he stays on the field as a blocker he'll earn some looks in the passing game. It'll be down to him and the TE Coach to turn him into something he's not just now.

14 hours ago, bigdavis said:

I think with him on the field it will make our offense more dynamic.