• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Jaycee Horn wear Cam's #1?

GOAT

I mean, unless possibly 89, and maybe 90 if you consider contributions within the context of historical NFL significance, but I personally haven't seen a Panthers player that deserves to have his number retired. 

That changes with elite play over a period of time as a Panther AND a championship! But until then, all are still on the table. 89 is the only one that you may change my mind on, but that's only you because he vastly outplayed his draft position, was an enigma in several respects, and was feared across the NFL for basically his entire time in the league.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

TD was told multiple times to keep his puppy Rottweiler out of the heat and dogs really shouldn’t live outside...

The dog ended up dying of heat exhaustion. 

I was really a big fan of TD before that.

Wait, what? Tell me more about this. Got any links?

39 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Honestly I will give you that. After Mills, there is no othert player more boss than TD. 

However he did leave the team. I can't get down with retiring a number on OUR team for a player than played their last games for another team. Cam, Smitty in the same boat.  

But i would fill the ballot box in a vote to have a TD stature out front the stadium! To me that honors the man far more and some random jersey number.

The business side of football gets in the way of the football side of football sometimes. All time greats like Brady (one day we can hope), Montana, White, Emmett Smith, etc. all ended their careers on teams other than the ones they built their legacy on. I won't hold it against TD. His best years were spent with us and he probably should have retired that last year regardless. Either way he's a panther for life for me and I'd be thrilled if they retired 58 in his honor. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wait, what? Tell me more about this. Got any links?

I figured you’d be curious as a Rott lover. Not much more I’m willing to share and no there are no links. It was never in the media, for a lot of reasons. It happened many many years ago. 

59 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm glad Cam made some of your personal lives better, but he's not some untouchable god. He's just a dude who gave the organization some great years. The only ones that will get hurt/angry by someone else wearing #1 (not "Cam's number") are the guys who still have Cam avatars.

As a longtime lurker I can say you keep his name in your mouth as much as any of his so called fans if there are really any left. You should ask yourself why you have such an emotional investment in trolling any discussion where his name is seen all these years later. It does not sound healthy.

20 minutes ago, onmyown said:

TD was told multiple times to keep his puppy Rottweiler out of the heat and dogs really shouldn’t live outside...

I don't disagree about the heat but dog's shouldn't live outside? That's some strange human logic to suggest one animal shouldn't live outside because thy like us for food.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

As a longtime lurker I can say you keep his name in your mouth as much as any of his so called fans if there are really any left. You should ask yourself why you have such an emotional investment in trolling any discussion where his name is seen all these years later. It does not sound healthy.

Why do you troll every discussion about Newton? 

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

Why do you troll every discussion about Newton? 

Since you are taking up the issue why don't you explain what you feel in any of those posts I made constitutes trolling. Most people here are discussing Sam Darnold adnauseum. If you consider the thought of not holding onto hard feelings years after a player has left a team trolling then I can't help you. It is no different then people still bad mouthing coach Rivera or Gettleman. There is nothing wrong with revisiting the past but if all it brings out of you is negativity what good is it doing for you?

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't disagree about the heat but dog's shouldn't live outside? That's some strange human logic to suggest one animal shouldn't live outside because thy like us for food.

The debate is always ‘but they naturally came from living outside so why can’t they’. Dogs have been bred for hundreds of years and your typical dog has had any natural characteristics to fight the elements bred out of them. Not just weather, temperatures, immune systems, allergies etc.

Instead let’s look at it from evidence/fact point of view. Dogs who spend their whole life outside have a significantly shorter life span when controlling for things like run aways, hit by car etc. They’re also more prone to diseases and more prone to parasites. Then there are other factors like not fixing your dog, and not being able to control unwanted litters come from roaming around.

Those are facts. So yes with that in mind, barring a pure bred, genetically bred dog, specifically bred for its environment/ working purposes, (which actually take A LOT more care than a common house dog) which 99% of us do not have or own, it’s is ignorant to think a dog can live outside. There are always exceptions, well modern lines bred top, highly maintained (groomed properly, medicated properly) in an area that never has extreme temperatures. Again that’s maybe 1% of us. And from my vast experiences working with animals the typical person who has the mindset of thinking it’s ok does not fix their dog, or fall into any of the above. What they want is a low maintenance buddy for the yard, and research shows the negative results.

Feel free to look into it further and educate yourself. Or don’t, that’s typical.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's a big accusation with no evidence.

I’m not trying to ‘convince’ anyone.

It’s not an accusation it’s my experience. Take it as you will. I could provide all the evidence you want but that would affect more people than just myself or TD, and would be careless on my part. That’s a pretty weird thing to just up and say about someone just for the hell of it, wouldn’t you think? I’m too old and don’t have time for that. 

So take it or leave it that’s up to you.

Edited by onmyown

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Since you are taking up the issue why don't you explain what you feel in any of those posts I made constitutes trolling. Most people here are discussing Sam Darnold adnauseum. If you consider the thought of not holding onto hard feelings years after a player has left a team trolling then I can't help you. It is no different then people still bad mouthing coach Rivera or Gettleman. There is nothing wrong with revisiting the past but if all it brings out of you is negativity what good is it doing for you?

You not wrong...but he got a bigger post count than you, so automatic win~~ Sadly this is how it works these days. You are lucky he isnt a mod because even you did nothing wrong you challenge a mod and boom~

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

I can't even find the right gif to describe my reaction.

this deserves it's own damn thread. wtf happened?!?!