• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tipped Off About Saints Wanting WR Terrance Marshall In The Draft

KatsAzz

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Teams tell players they'll take a guy in the ____ round often. Sometimes they take him, sometimes they don't. You can't count on that. I'll use a Panthers example. Fan favorite Vernon Butler was told by the Titans that he would be their pick in the 1st. It didn't pan out.

They do that to players, not to agents. Most agents have been around for 10-20 years, tell them a few lies and you go on their poo list. Agents have more than a few people helping them or employed. Agents have more freedom than team employees too. It happens, trust me. Honestly the best relationship you want in the league is be on great terms with drew rosenhaus. If a team tells him a bunch of lies, he could blacklist his clients form signing with them. Agents many times are the "unnamed source" btw..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Here is how I live my life. If someone makes an incredible claim, then I want a lot of supporting evidence. If you tell me you bought a CMC Panthers jersey, then I'll take your word for it. If you tell me you know who the Saints are taking at #60 in advance, then you had better have a pile of evidence.

sometimes you know the source well enough to take it at face value.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Here is how I live my life. If someone makes an incredible claim, then I want a lot of supporting evidence. If you tell me you bought a CMC Panthers jersey, then I'll take your word for it. If you tell me you know who the Saints are taking at #60 in advance, then you had better have a pile of evidence.

Albert Breer and several other Twitter accounts regularly post who the picks are in advance.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Albert Breer and several other Twitter accounts regularly post who the picks are in advance.

I don't like to have the picks spoiled by knowing a minute before it's announced on tv. I fully accept that the public can find out a little in advance of the information coming out on tv.

13 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I don't like to have the picks spoiled by knowing a minute before it's announced on tv. I fully accept that the public can find out a little in advance of the information coming out on tv.

Point being that info gets out.

There are stories like this every year.

• Beer 1

OK, did the Saints not think we were interested in signing Tommy Stevens to an undrafted free agent contract so they drafted him late in the 7th last year?

Agents and players are in communication with the teams.  I am guessing that is where leaks come from. 

My agent told me St. Louis might call.  Ahole. If she weren't my niece....

1 hour ago, Aquemini said:

"..Sorry, but if the Panthers are changing their opinions on who they should draft based on who they think we want to draft, 
then Panthers fans should be very concerned about why their team has so little confidence in their own scouting department.."

I tend to agree

how about this.

panthers wanted marshall but thought they could wait a little longer.

panthers get a call saying that the saints were going to take him with their next pick.

panthers shuffle their pick selections to make sure they get the guy they wanted.

• Pie 3

Hell, back in 95, the Panthers got a tip that the Oilers were gonna take Kerry Collins and everybody panicked.

Luckily, that one was wrong. But this sort of thing has been going on forever. And remember, 95 was well before social media existed.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

To be honest, I had seen Marshall going as high as 19 to that Football Team that shall not be Named.  So I really think we would have taken him regardless---except we really wanted Christensen--and hoped that the medicals would cause Marshall to continue to plummet---but I think we did the right thing regardless.

I am really looking forward to seeing how we do against the NFC South this year--I think we have met the challenge.