• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tipped Off About Saints Wanting WR Terrance Marshall In The Draft

KatsAzz

2 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Trying to understand who gains by tipping the panthers off?

Probably someone in the saints staff that wants to work with Brady. The Saints did this to Hurney countless times.

Edited by Snake

And the drama still goes on in the land of the AInts. They just will not let it go.

"So Carolina, knowing our roster knew who we were targeting in the 1st and possibly 2nd. When I saw that they were in front of us, I knew Marshall wouldn't go past them. 
We've whipped some teams arses for years and have embarrassed people on Prime Time football. So you can imagine how they want to stick it to us and hope that we fall.
I hope Carolina doesn't win a single game this year."

6 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

And the drama still goes on in the land of the AInts. They just will not let it go.

"So Carolina, knowing our roster knew who we were targeting in the 1st and possibly 2nd. When I saw that they were in front of us, I knew Marshall wouldn't go past them. 
We've whipped some teams arses for years and have embarrassed people on Prime Time football. So you can imagine how they want to stick it to us and hope that we fall.
I hope Carolina doesn't win a single game this year."

end yes GIF

I don't doubt that our staff got a call from someone.  I believe we wanted Christensen and Marshall.  The front office decided that the gamble to wait on Christensen and take Marshall was better than waiting to see if Marshall fell to our 3rd round pick.  The gamble paid off because we ended up with both. 

I heard many times before the draft that N.O. was interested in a CB and Horn was in that conversation.

Fortunately for us we had a need at CB and WR so while we got the upper hand I don't think we chose those players just to screw N.O.  It's more of a coincidence and we got great players plus we kept them from N.O. 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

The funny thing is I don’t think you had to be a brain surgeon or even have a source to know that the Saints would absolutely have taken Marshall. WR was a huge need for them. To have a potential first round WR drop to them at 60? Of course they are taking him. I absolutely think they thought we wouldn’t take him because we already had a nice replacement for Samuel. The Werner pick sealed it for me. They can say he was their guy all along but he seemed like a panic pick. On NFL.com he was graded 125th. On his page of prospects only 1 guy (Eskridge who was also a bit of a reach) also went in the 2nd and there were 4 guys who went in the 7th or undrafted. 

Nice replacement for Samuel? Who? David Moore was never a real threat to be a replacement for Samuel. I knew we would take at least one receiver during this draft based upon the fact that we didn't have a legit replacement for Samuel. We not only drafted one, but two receivers that are more likely to be Samuel replacements than David Moore. He is depth and a sneaky WR4 red zone threat. The days of mediocrity at receiver are gone. Thank goodness!

• Pie 1

The Bills have jumped us several times this same way in recent years. Yes, they had connections to our FO/team, and they know us well enough to know who we'd take.

Too bad, that's why they have Dion Dawkins and we're still looking for a LT.

13 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

New Orleans sucks and yes it is a little disturbing that we went after the same guys as them.  On the bright side their d bag fans have stopped trolling this board, finally.

New Orleans has been quite good for a while and has been drafting very well.  It's a little reassuring to know we went after the same guys.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

New Orleans has been quite good for a while and has been drafting very well.  It's a little reassuring to know we went after the same guys.

Just based on last five years Car, Atl and TB won NFC titles (SB for TB).  By that metric I put NO as the least successful team in the division.

It could've been the Steelers picking at 60 and if they heard Marshall was likely the next pick then they would've likely still taken him at 59.

It's not so much who's after us but rather who was going to be taken.

"Marshall was quickly becoming one of those guys whose name was beginning to stick out on the board, with not much space above him, but a lot of space below at his position. He was becoming a value guy"

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Just based on last five years Car, Atl and TB won NFC titles (SB for TB).  By that metric I put NO as the least successful team in the division.

We have not won the NFC or the division in the last 5 years. 

The Saints have won the division the past 4 years though.