• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold and DJ

ncfan

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

He had to slow up a little. Darnold needs to build as much chemistry as possible with the WRs as quickly as he can. The NFCS is going to be brutal this season with Atlanta adding Pitts to their other weapons, the Bucs being SB level good, and the Saints being loaded even with a QB change.

A lot you mean.

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

You mean the "He had to slow up a little" part?

Didn't look like he slowed up a lot there.     

It was in fact, a little.

He is just trying to hate on the starting QB for his allegedly favorite football team.

6 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Seems to me that what a Panthers' fan would be commenting on, not what color somebody's wearing -- should you guys be on a fashion blog?

Honey, don't get me started on the Canes not wearing black 'cleats'.

12 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Robby.....

Feet not set.  Pressure all around.

Immediately is pushed off his spot by the edge rusher.

What does he do?  

He takes the only little step up in the pocket hes got and lets one go 45-50yds in the air to hit Robby in stride.  

And he didn't even need the follow through.  

I hated it at first, warmed a bit over the draft, now I'm seeing this kid has a real shot.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Feet not set.  Pressure all around.

Immediately is pushed off his spot by the edge rusher.

What does he do?  

He takes the only little step up in the pocket hes got and lets one go 45-50yds in the air to hit Robby in stride.  

And he didn't even need the follow through.  

I hated it at first, warmed a bit over the draft, now I'm seeing this kid has a real shot.

Believe me, I get it....Sam has proven nothing in the NFL, on the contrary.  

Sam’s RS freshman year, he was not the starter, even though the buzz from the defensive players and the press about this amazing true freshman QB leading the scout team.  The coaches went with the 5* who waited his turn.  It was a disaster, the coaches were on the flaming hot seat.  In goes Sam, saves the jobs of the coaching staff.  That year, they just let him be Sam, didn’t stifle him, didn’t attempt to correct anything.

Sam’s final year, they announced a new offensive plan, to “help” Sam’s development, they called it the “gumbo” offense.  Disaster.  He was looking toward the sidelines every play, not letting him act on what he saw from the opposing defenses.  I can assure you, that is one of the reasons he declared early.  The entire offensive staff ended up getting fired.

The Jets was an even greater nightmare.  They had not taken a single offensive player in the first two rounds in 10 years, Olinemen in the later rounds...seriously, who does that?  They’re supposed to be a professional football franchise. They pulled the same BS that the SC coaches did.  Why do you draft a QB with playmaking backyard FB abilities, and handcuff him?  With no weapons he can get the ball to?  Sam can be an offensive line’s best friend, because of his mobility.  

Not saying he’s going to be this amazing elite QB, but at least give him a chance to be who he is, while coaching him up.  He has weapons now, good ones, and an elite RB.  Just let him do plays like this...again, with Robby.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, Varking said:

Doesn’t really dispute anything I wrote. We are celebrating a practice pass with no defenders here where the receiver slowed down at the end. 

People are just happy to see a qb who can throw downfield....in-line teddy who was a check down machine 

• Pie 2