• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold and DJ

ncfan

4 hours ago, unicar15 said:

The Saints are going to be garbage. Brees made that team. 

The Falcons are going to be the Falcons. If Darnold is able to live up to expectations this team will be competing with TB for the South. 

Those expecting the Saints to collapse now that Brees is gone may be for a surprise. 

Yeah Brees was one of the best QB's in the league, but we also know that Teddy took over for him and did rather well for a stretch of 5 games or so.  

Bottom line:  Saints are a talented team, don't sell them short.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Nah

Every single long pass attempt the reciever had to change his course, turn around, slow down, and/or catch at the hip.  It was a horrible pro day and probably why he dropped like he did.  

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Every single long pass attempt the reciever had to change his course, turn around, slow down, and/or catch at the hip.  It was a horrible pro day and probably why he dropped like he did.  

I think you’re confused as it was almost The most universally praised Pro Days in the league. And this throw was absolutely better than Darnolds. 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/justin-fields-apparently-had-the-best-pro-day-ever-01f228gcy01p

I’ll stop linking there but what’s with your weird revisionist history?

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think you’re confused as it was almost The most universally praised Pro Days in the league. And this throw was absolutely better than Darnolds. 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/justin-fields-apparently-had-the-best-pro-day-ever-01f228gcy01p

I’ll stop linking there but what’s with your weird revisionist history?

That was 1 throw.  Media loved him, scouts not so much obviously. I said the same thing the day after the pro day and you made excuses for it.  I think you just blocked out all the bad throws

17 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The question for them next year will be if Winston is going to be feast or famine like he was at Tampa, or can the Saints coaching staff turn him into an effective qb?  

Winston is in a similar situation as Darnold.  We’ll see how much of their previous performance problems were coaching and the supporting players around them and how much they ‘own’ themselves.  Will be interesting to revisit this at the end of the upcoming season.

Edited by bythenbrs

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

That was 1 throw.  Media loved him, scouts not so much obviously. I said the same thing the day after the pro day and you made excuses for it.  I think you just blocked out all the bad throws

You literally wrote “every long throw” just a couple posts ago. Media did not love him. That’s where stories about his work ethic came from. I think you, again, are making things up for dramatic effect. Scouts not so much obviously? One of the tweets above literally quotes a scout.