• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

58 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who were Sam’s receivers in college that made him appear so great? I don’t recall USC having anyone that great in 2017, but I definitely could be overlooking some players...

Juju smith schuster was one the year before bailing him out...then there’s this

incredible catching, terrible throws  

Edited by CPsinceDay1

6 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Yeah but JuJu didn’t play his last year when he was considered a top pick. I feel like most decent programs will have plays were the WRs save bad throws. It’s looks to me like he didn’t really have any NFL WRs his last year...

6 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

TBH, the Darnold story for us is not about his accomplishments in college or what he did(or mostly did not) do in the NFL. 

We bought in on his potential and that they could reconcile a bust QB. They all but stated in that Panthers Confidential video that it was a flier on a guy with potential.

He either works out or he doesn't. If not, we just move on to the next guy. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that he is a franchise QB. The hope is that he is a guy that can spell you until we get a franchise QB. If he works out, maybe that is a few years. If he doesn't, we'll probably be the on that derailed Deshaun Watson train if it ever makes it back on the tracks.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

TBH, the Darnold story for us is not about his accomplishments in college or what he did(or mostly did not) do in the NFL. 

We bought in on his potential and that they could reconcile a bust QB. They all but stated in that Panthers Confidential video that it was a flier on a guy with potential.

He either works out or he doesn't. If not, we just move on to the next guy. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that he is a franchise QB. The hope is that he is a guy that can spell you until we get a franchise QB. If he works out, maybe that is a few years. If he doesn't, we'll probably be the on that derailed Deshaun Watson train if it ever makes it back on the tracks.

I’m not sure the organization agrees. For one reason they seemed to REALLY like how young he is. If they were just were just wanting a stop gap QB, that really shouldn’t matter. They also had him ranked among the draft’s QB class and passed on two first round talents because they have him. I think the belief is they can make him the guy here. Not saying I agree with it, but that appears (to me at least) to be how they are playing it...

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not sure the organization agrees. For one reason they seemed to REALLY like how young he is. If they were just were just wanting a stop gap QB, that really shouldn’t matter. They also had him ranked among the draft’s QB class and passed on two first round talents because they have him. I think the belief is they can make him the guy here. Not saying I agree with it, but that appears (to me at least) to be how they are playing it...

According to Rhule the team feels they have recouped the picks they traded for Sam.  It costs them nothing to take a shot with him, and they got the top corner in the draft to boot.

I'd say they DGAF what fans, media or anyone else think about their decision.

P.S.  For the Fields fans, OSU QBs are off the table.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

According to Rhule the team feels they have recouped the picks they traded for Sam.  It costs them nothing to take a shot with him, and they got the top corner in the draft to boot.

I'd say they DGAF what fans, media or anyone else think about their decision.

P.S.  For the Fields fans, OSU QBs are off the table.

My concern is that this crew doesn't really comprehend how hard franchise QBs are to come by. Rhule is an NFL newbie and Fitterer is jaded by lucking into Russell Wilson in the 3rd because he's 5'11" and until recent years being a sub-6' QB made you undraftable in the 1st.

P.S. the same was said about Cal QBs prior to Rodgers too and him being a Cal QB probably had a lot to do with his draft day slide.

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that this crew doesn't really comprehend how hard franchise QBs are to come by. Rhule is an NFL newbie and Fitterer is jaded by lucking into Russell Wilson in the 3rd because he's 5'11" and until recent years being a sub-6' QB made you undraftable in the 1st.

You should tell them you know a franchise QB when you see one and maybe they will hire you to find our guy.

It seems to me that there's a lot a hurt feelings over a draft pick or non pick in this case.  Why does it matter to you so much personally?  If we start winning consistently and dare I say win a few champion's does it matter if it's not how you would have done it?

I have never understood how a fan can take a team game and make it all about one player.  

P.S.  Cam did not become MVP all by himself.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So, let me see if I got this right. You're saying two people who have spent their entire adult careers coaching and learning about football don't get the concept that a franchise QB is pretty rare? And you know better?

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You should tell them you know a franchise QB when you see one and maybe they will hire you to find our guy.

It seems to me that there's a lot a hurt feelings over a draft pick or non pick in this case.  Why does it matter to you so much personally?  If we start winning consistently and dare I say win a few champion's does it matter if it's not how you would have done it?

I have never understood how a fan can take a team game and make it all about one player.  

Nah, I wanted Fields but I'm over it. He very well could bust.

The reality is that there's only one position that you have to have an elite player at to compete year in and year out 

P.S. I mean, he pretty much did. There's a reason why his OC has never sniffed another OC gig and no WR he ever played with sans Smitty was ever heard from again, not to mention the same can be said for OTs.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They need to hire some sports bro dudes from the internet to tell them how to find a QB.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

They need to hire some sports bro dudes from the internet to tell them how to find a QB.

Watching and listening to other internet know nothing's will do that to you.

I just watch the so called professionals try to figure it out and even they struggle with it.

I like trying to figure out the strategy aspect of building this team.  Will it work?  Who knows.  It's certainly different and I love that.  I also love that they will move on from mistakes quickly.  That's all you can hope for really.

Edited by Jon Snow

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Watching and listening to other internet know nothing's will do that to you.

I just watch the so called professionals try to figure it out and even they struggle with it.

I like trying to figure out the strategy aspect of building this team.  Will it work?  Who knows.  It's certainly different and I love that.  I also love that they will move on from mistakes quickly.  That's all you can hope for really.

But do they know it's difficult? Fitterers 20 years in scouting and personnel in the NFL doesn't hold a candle to cubicle guy reading mock drafts

• Beer 1