• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

10 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

You're thinking "wine & cheese".  

Nice try tho.

Yeah. I think it’s ok to be looking at what happens with Fields in chicago compared to Darnold here. The staff made a decision that they’re gonna have to live with but it was a big decision for this franchise. Tbh fields landing in chicago might ease the doubts because that org is terrible with qbs. This isn’t something we are gonna know for certain after year 1 or even 2. We’ll see.

• Pie 3

They weren't saying Fields wasn't as good or better than Darnold.  They were saying he wasn't an 8th round pick better than Darnold.  It's be like paying $50 for a steak that tastes like it came off the Golden Corral buffet.  It might be cooked better, but for the increase in price, there should be a lot of difference.  Whereas Horn makes a big impact on our defense.

• Beer 4

5 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

From this point forward, Tepper(making it public we needed a Franchise QB), Rhule(I believe in Cam, wait no Teddy, ok maybe Sam), and Fitterer(I really wanted to trade back, but now I'm the GM who pass on Fields)*And I know there's going to be some to say other GMs did but he was the first one that actually needed a QB and didn't get one*, are going to be tied to J.Fields his whole career anyhow...

https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16204524820077&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fnfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai

They told the world Sam Darnold is better than Justin Fields, point blank.

Poo all you want...but ever time Fields win and Darnold lose I'm bumping this thread to remind myself, as a fan I got screwed. 

Been a fan all my life, if you said at the beginning of last year who you want Teddy or trade the Jets for Darnold, though Teddy wasn't spectacular, he was a winner, and look what this franchise did to him. And now they want me to believe, they can turn a proven loser into a winner.

They was scared Fields was like Cam, all the credit would have went to him turning this franchise around. So they want to prove they can without a... let's say a versatile QB.

Horn can be Deion Sanders good, but Deion Sanders with a QB =Superbowls...

Darnold is only Young(notSteve) in age, but will fall like Troy(notAikman)

I'm always going be fan, but I feel the pain  that Browns, Lions, and yes the Jets felt all these years, knowing this is just the beginning.

No matter what happens...

... I'm really not gonna give a sh-t.

(this may indeed be some of the dumbest crap ever posted here)

• Flames 3

Its way too early to make a post like this .  Just because Fitts didn't draft the player you wanted you whine .  Just wait a few games before you vent .  If we win you just keep silent . If we lose then you can make a statement and be justified .  I didn't know who Chinn was last year and look how that pick turned out .  Fitts might look like a champ Gm or maybe a chump . Its way to early to make assumptions .

• Beer 1

Way too early for doom and gloom. It is May and we haven't even had OTAs. Plenty of time to bitch in the Fall.  To the point though, I think Darnold will be effective in this system and that is all that matters. Comparisons between Fields and Darnold are not apples to apples unless they have a similar system and personnel.

Edited by panthers55

22 minutes ago, Varking said:

There are 0 people here who touted Fields and wanted him as the pick for us more than myself. That being said, can you not see we are trying to build an entire team here? The moves all made sense. Justin Fields went to a great situation for him where the fan base is going to love him. 

As of today Justin Fields has thrown 0 passes in the NFL. There is no way to know if he’s going to be better than Sam Darnold or not. It’s weird that you only will bump this thread if Fields is better. What about Mac Jones? Kellen Mond? Kyle Trask? Just Justin Fields? We passed on all of them. 

We are a franchise that has had very little to celebrate as we have never had back to back winning seasons. By all accounts we had a hell of a draft. Let’s enjoy that for now and cheer and hope Sam is our answer. 

Exactly.  Hopefully Sam is the answer.  Hes young and regardless of who likes it or hates it, hes our QB now.  If he ends up not being the QB the team needs him to be then it will suck for a year or so but if the draft ends up being as good as we hope and we have another draft like that next year then whatever QB we do end up drafting/signing will be walking into a hell of a good situation with a solid roster around them.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, parker said:

They weren't saying Fields wasn't as good or better than Darnold.  They were saying he wasn't an 8th round pick better than Darnold.  It's be like paying $50 for a steak that tastes like it came off the Golden Corral buffet.  It might be cooked better, but for the increase in price, there should be a lot of difference.  Whereas Horn makes a big impact on our defense.

Yea I believe I saw Rhule in an interview that he didnt see Fields as better cumulative option than having both Darnold and Horn on the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If you had of put Fields in the situation that Darnold had been in for three years would you say the same? I doubt it. Like the old country song. There's a 5$ charge for whining. Give him a chance and time will tell. I trust the front office now. No matter how smart I think I am. I hope Fields has a good career. But I also believe Darnold's is just now starting also. We have two years to find out. So sit back and enjoy. It has been a lot worse around here before. I will have faith!!! 

• Pie 1

Coming from one of the top Fields Fanboys, you are looking waaaay too much into it. Rhule and Fitts preferred Darnold AND Horn over Fields. Both QBs are still unknowns (Fields more so because he hasn’t played one snap) but one can come with a potential shutdown corner which they viewed as a top need for us and it was. I hope Fields plays great, but I hope our team plays better. You could play the we passed on this player game all year long every year. It’s nonsense.

• Pie 2