• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

48 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah. I think it’s ok to be looking at what happens with Fields in chicago compared to Darnold here. The staff made a decision that they’re gonna have to live with but it was a big decision for this franchise. Tbh fields landing in chicago might ease the doubts because that org is terrible with qbs. This isn’t something we are gonna know for certain after year 1 or even 2. We’ll see.

No arguments here.  Spot on view.

If we’re gonna look at Fields in Chicago and say they suck at finding  QBs then it would make as much sense to say the same thing about NY.  They haven’t had a QB since Namath.

We snatched a young’un away from them before they could really mess him up.  Maybe we caught a break?

You're right tho, 2 years and we’ll know for certain.

I'm actually excited about this year.  Last year I knew was going to suck for a rookie coaching staff with a stripped down roster in the midst of a pandemic.  The organization built a nice framework to spring forward into 2021.  Solid, cost effective FA moves and a very good draft furthers the needle in the right direction.   While Sam Darnold is a wildcard, we now know his price--gamble--is extremely low-risk.  Fitts and crew recouped the 4th and 6th by trading back in the draft.  He's essentially costing us a 2nd rounder and for a 'potential' franchise QB that value is tremendous.

Rhule and staff were utterly hampered by Covid during last offseason is what was an uphill climb even in normal times. With systems now in place, cohesion with staff, familiar surroundings, understanding League processes etc... this staff is in a great place to succeed.  Now it's about what they were brought here to do--COACH-- and develop players.  I still think we are probably a year away from being unquestioned playoff contenders, but even this season we should at least sneak into the conversation.  That, my friends, is something we've been waiting several years for and that is, in the words of our old friend Ron Rivera, "to be relevant ."

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Yea I believe I saw Rhule in an interview that he didnt see Fields as better cumulative option than having both Darnold and Horn on the team.

Yes. Basically the real question to be asked, is Fields better value than Darnold + Horn?

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

From this point forward, Tepper(making it public we needed a Franchise QB), Rhule(I believe in Cam, wait no Teddy, ok maybe Sam), and Fitterer(I really wanted to trade back, but now I'm the GM who pass on Fields)*And I know there's going to be some to say other GMs did but he was the first one that actually needed a QB and didn't get one*, are going to be tied to J.Fields his whole career anyhow...

https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16204524820077&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fnfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai

They told the world Sam Darnold is better than Justin Fields, point blank.

Poo all you want...but ever time Fields win and Darnold lose I'm bumping this thread to remind myself, as a fan I got screwed. 

Been a fan all my life, if you said at the beginning of last year who you want Teddy or trade the Jets for Darnold, though Teddy wasn't spectacular, he was a winner, and look what this franchise did to him. And now they want me to believe, they can turn a proven loser into a winner.

They was scared Fields was like Cam, all the credit would have went to him turning this franchise around. So they want to prove they can without a... let's say a versatile QB.

Horn can be Deion Sanders good, but Deion Sanders with a QB =Superbowls...

Darnold is only Young(notSteve) in age, but will fall like Troy(notAikman)

I'm always going be fan, but I feel the pain  that Browns, Lions, and yes the Jets felt all these years, knowing this is just the beginning.

The Tl;Dr version...

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, parker said:

They weren't saying Fields wasn't as good or better than Darnold.  They were saying he wasn't an 8th round pick better than Darnold.  It's be like paying $50 for a steak that tastes like it came off the Golden Corral buffet.  It might be cooked better, but for the increase in price, there should be a lot of difference.  Whereas Horn makes a big impact on our defense.

Both Rhule and our GM have been on record that they liked Darnold over ANYONE  that wasn't the top 2 QB's. 

I happen to agree with them. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

From this point forward, Tepper(making it public we needed a Franchise QB), Rhule(I believe in Cam, wait no Teddy, ok maybe Sam), and Fitterer(I really wanted to trade back, but now I'm the GM who pass on Fields)*And I know there's going to be some to say other GMs did but he was the first one that actually needed a QB and didn't get one*, are going to be tied to J.Fields his whole career anyhow...

https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16204524820077&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fnfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai

Poo all you want...but ever time Fields win and Darnold lose I'm bumping this thread to remind myself, as a fan I got screwed. 

Been a fan all my life, if you said at the beginning of last year who you want Teddy or trade the Jets for Darnold, though Teddy wasn't spectacular, he was a winner, and look what this franchise did to him. And now they want me to believe, they can turn a proven loser into a winner.

They was scared Fields was like Cam, all the credit would have went to him turning this franchise around. So they want to prove they can without a... let's say a versatile QB.

I'm always going be fan, but I feel the pain  that Browns, Lions, and yes the Jets felt all these years, knowing this is just the beginning.

And when Darnold kicks ass and Fields is the next great NFL Ohio State QB to never hit a second contract, are you bumping this thread?  You see, people have to make decisions, and you prefer the unknown to the known because you do not understand or like what you know.  You don't comprehend improvement, fit, support systems because you are seeking a messiah--a quick fix to your problems.  Bump the thread when you're right is gloriously self-serving and one-sided.  If you offered to post a pick of yourself on your knees in front of Fitterer with carpet burns on your forehead if you are wrong, then I would admire your bravado.

9 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

May your rep go into the triple negatives.