• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

People can poo this thread all they want but the REALITY is there is some truth to this. Tepper liked fields and the staff convinced themselves and him he wasnt worth it over Sam Darnold. Personally, i really hope sam Darnold is worth the gamble but if he shows that his poor plays wasnt all on his atmosphere in NY and Fields turns the Bears around this is gonna hang clouds over us for a long time. Like i said for the success of the team i hope thats not case.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 2

What is this need by some supposed "Panthers fans" to belittle our new QB (not to mention our coach and GM) prior his first game for the team?

I simply don't understand it.

Hope Fields does well in Chicago, but he won't have any bearing on the future of our franchise.  Just like the hundreds of other players the Panthers didn't select in this draft.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I've crapped on one post in the time I've been on this forum until today.  I've given two posts in this thread the dung.

It's not even worth going into the flaws in the OP.  People have already hit on them.  All we need is Linville to give the OP a lesson in the opportunity cost of Fields vs. Darnold and Horn, because that is what it is.  Even then, he probably does not think we need a secondary, probably don't need an OL, we only need a QB that he wants.

Guess what: they didn't draft who I would have grabbed in the first or second rounds, either. 

I liked Fields, and with Sewell off the board I would have been okay with it.  He would not have been my pick (most likely Slater), and I initially scratched my head at Horn.  But, I read their reasoning and get it.  They had their draft board, assessed the values of each player, and went with their research.  Not one guy's research, the collective work of several people who have some idea of what they are doing.  I'll roll with it.

If you (generic you) are so bound up on YOUR view of what the team should have done that your shorts are this much in a bunch over it, move on.  Sports is entertainment.  If it gets you that wound up, find another form of entertainment that doesn't.  Life is too short.

Otherwise, does anybody know the record for most piles of poo in one OP?  This has to be on the short list.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, WilsonROY said:

He's right, but the dumbshits on this forum are blindly loyal to whatever the front office does, even though the Panthers have never won anything.

It's extremely unlikely the Darnold pans out.

This place is bliiiiind.

Lol...it's almost like most of us hadn't been bitching about the FO for years clinging on to hurney and Rivera and Shula.

I hope you enjoy the poo as much as I liked drooping it.

1 hour ago, WilsonROY said:

He's right, but the dumbshits on this forum are blindly loyal to whatever the front office does, even though the Panthers have never won anything.

It's extremely unlikely the Darnold pans out.

This place is bliiiiind.

These pathetic alts

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Lol...it's almost like most of us hadn't been bitching about the FO for years clinging on to hurney and Rivera and Shula.

I hope you enjoy the poo as much as I liked drooping it.

I don't do it just because a post says something I disagree with.  Opinions vary. 

I don't do it when I think somebody has just made a fool out of themselves.  That happens to everybody at one time or another. 

But there is a special brand of foolishness that is worthy.

And you are right, it is rather therapeutic!

12 hours ago, Carolina Mike said:

Sounds like someone needs a crisis hotline number! Goodness, take a break from football if you can’t handle a commercial business making it’s own business decisions without caring what you think. 

Mike, with that avatar, you need to comment more often.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, parker said:

They weren't saying Fields wasn't as good or better than Darnold.  They were saying he wasn't an 8th round pick better than Darnold.  It's be like paying $50 for a steak that tastes like it came off the Golden Corral buffet.  It might be cooked better, but for the increase in price, there should be a lot of difference.  Whereas Horn makes a big impact on our defense.

That's a good way to look at it.

Here's another:  by taking Fields in the 1st, what do you have?  1 starter, one on the bench.  by taking Horn, what do you have?  2 starters.

Which alternative has more value?