• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

I agree with those who say a qbs success is heavily dependent on where they go when they get drafted. People look at Mahomes and say we need him too without acknowledging that he had a great coach and a lot of talent around him. Sure he was really good but could he have gone to a Chicago or Oakland and turned them around like he did KC. I don't know. Fields would be best served sitting and learning for a year and then becoming the starter much like Aaron Rodgets did.  In today's NFL getting to sit like Lance may get to do behind Garropolo is an exception not the rule. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

And there's that movable goal post.

Panthers win..."but they wouldn't have won without the defense!"

You're going to be a fun one to troll when Sammy doesn't suck. One of three things will happen when we start winning with Darnold ranked from least likely to most:

1) you eat crow

2) you try saying you were always a believer and just taken out of context when you realize you can't edit your posts to say differently

3) you just don't show up or create an alt and abandon this account all together to avoid embarrassment.

I vote for #3 where he doesn't show up until the Cats lose a game.    Then he'll blame Sam for it.

I hope the defense is much improved over last year. We need good field position and not to have shootouts to win.  Our offense is a possession short yardage passing game relying on  getting  yards after the catch.  Coupled with a dynamic running game we have the ability to score points. But we need a solid defense that can get off the field. Otherwise each possession becomes more important as both sides eat up the clock.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

And there's that movable goal post.

Panthers win..."but they wouldn't have won without the defense!"

You're going to be a fun one to troll when Sammy doesn't suck. One of three things will happen when we start winning with Darnold ranked from least likely to most:

1) you eat crow

2) you try saying you were always a believer and just taken out of context when you realize you can't edit your posts to say differently

3) you just don't show up or create an alt and abandon this account all together to avoid embarrassment.

I'm fully confident with Sam at QB we will not make the playoffs, that's for sure.

I'm pushing for PJ to replace him before the season lost.

Anyone...for that matter.

I'm Anti-S.A.M. til the day he wins a Superbowl. And he probably do that as a backup somewhere, hopefully here.

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I hope the defense is much improved over last year. We need good field position and not to have shootouts to win.  Our offense is a possession short yardage passing game relying on  getting  yards after the catch.  Coupled with a dynamic running game we have the ability to score points. But we need a solid defense that can get off the field. Otherwise each possession becomes more important as both sides eat up the clock.

I'm actually more confident in the defense than the offense at this point.

We actually went out and solved a couple weakness from last year, plus Burns,Jackson (still think he should be a FS) will be more familiar with the scheme year 2. It's year 2 for Brown and Chin, Reddick was one if not the most important FA signings. BOSTON (never in the right place always trying to look good) is GONE. Shaq can go back to doing him instead of trying to replace Luke. And Snow's defense against the Packers, omg, add CB Horn, what can he do with a year under his belt. Snow's defense is actually low-key the success to Rhule's college teams.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm fully confident with Sam at QB we will not make the playoffs, that's for sure.

I'm Anti-S.A.M. til the day he wins a Superbowl. And he probably do that as a backup somewhere, hopefully here.

pinhead GIF by chuber channel

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

So I'm guessing you were Anti-Jake, Anti-Cam, and Anti-Bridgewater since none of them won the SuperBowl either.

Do you even READ what you type? 

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm actually more confident in the defense than the offense at this point.

We actually went out and solved a couple weakness from last year, plus Burns,Jackson (still think he should be a FS) will be more familiar with the scheme year 2. It's year 2 for Brown and Chin, Reddick was one if not the most important FA signings. BOSTON (never in the right place always trying to look good) is GONE. Shaq can go back to doing him instead of trying to replace Luke. And Snow's defense against the Packers, omg, add CB Horn, what can he do with a year under his belt. Snow's defense is actually low-key the success to Rhule's college teams.

I hope you are right about the defense. You always know when you bring in college coaches to roles they have not ever held in the NFL you are going to have a big learning curve. You only hope it doesn't take too long. Snow has been given a ton of high draft picks sprinkled in with good vets in key positions so talent isn't the question. And if Snow is such a good developer of young talent he should be able to whip them.into a cohesive unit.  Hopefully he has been watching the most successful defenses in the league and emulating what they do well. After all the NFL is a copycat league and the best defenses I see are aggressive and dictate to the offense. Certainly 180 degrees from what we did last year. Hopefully he has figured it out.

16 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I hope you are right about the defense. You always know when you bring in college coaches to roles they have not ever held in the NFL you are going to have a big learning curve. You only hope it doesn't take too long. Snow has been given a ton of high draft picks sprinkled in with good vets in key positions so talent isn't the question. And if Snow is such a good developer of young talent he should be able to whip them.into a cohesive unit.  Hopefully he has been watching the most successful defenses in the league and emulating what they do well. After all the NFL is a copycat league and the best defenses I see are aggressive and dictate to the offense. Certainly 180 degrees from what we did last year. Hopefully he has figured it out.

Jiminey Christ, man. He inherited one of the worst/talent depleted defenses in the NFL and coached Brian Burns and a bunch of rookies to a respectable level. I mean, he’s not ‘hindsight message board guy’ good, but I don’t think he’s got a ton of figuring out to do.

• Beer 2