• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Tbh with you, I wasn't even here for Jake, Cam, or even Teddy.

I came here when Sam came here.   🤷‍♂️

And what I was doing was answering CP's absurd take that he'll always be Anti-Sam unless he wins a Superbowl.   

I mean let's be frank here :   If winning a SuperBowl is the prerequisite for CP liking a QB, then(using CP's criteria there) Teddy, Cam, and even Jake failed that.   So in essence, he should be Anti-Teddy/Cam/Jake then.  Fair?

Of course he then backtracks and says he likes Jake and Cam(even says he liked Teddy until he "got tired of him", whatever that means)....lol

I don't agree with his take but throwing out Panthers history, which you have zero frame of reference for, is ridiculous. You aren't even a Panthers fan.

One of the best ways Sam Darnold can succeed with the Panthers this season is if his offensive line lives up to their end of the bargain.

If the Panthers offensive line falls flat on its face, then it could be some sort of a disaster for Darnold. He is probably low on confidence following his time with the Jets and if he goes through some early jitters, things might turn ugly.

However, if the Panthers get themselves a strong foundation and allow Darnold more of a chance to go through his progressions than he ever had in New York, then I can see him having a good year and living up to his # 3 overall draft pick potential.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't agree with his take but throwing out Panthers history, which you have zero frame of reference for, is ridiculous. You aren't even a Panthers fan.

Correction:  I wasn't a Panthers fan THEN.

Different story now.

And what's wrong with throwing out Panthers history?

I know who Jake Delhomme is.

I know who Cam Newton was(when he was here; not the shell he became elsehwere). 

Bashing me just 'cause I'm a newcomer to this team board is just plain petty, imo.

Especialy when all I was doing was slamming CP's take which you even said you disagreed with. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Correction:  I wasn't a Panthers fan THEN.

Different story now.

And I wasn't throwing out Panthers history.  

What I was doing was slamming his take which you even said you disagreed with.  

You saying that I'm throwing out Panthers history is just looking for things that aren't there.

Look...I know there are times where people just don't want to take things at face value because they believe there's some underlying meaning to it.    But in this case, what I said on the surface is what I meant beneath it. 

No offense but I don't trust player chasing fans. They are very, very rarely fans of the team. Reference the fact that the overwhelming bulk of your posts are Darnold related. You aren't a Panthers fan, you are a Sam Darnold fan. 

So, until you are a fan for a few seasons or remain a fan when Darnold is gone(which sadly probably won't be long) then I will remain very skeptical of "fans" like you. 

Every offseason we see a small continent of players chasers from college teams and even a couple from free agent signings. Almost none of them stick around once those guys move on.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No offense but I don't trust player chasing fans. They are very, very rarely fans of the team. Reference the fact that the overwhelming bulk of your posts are Darnold related. You aren't a Panthers fan, you are a Sam Darnold fan. 

So, until you are a fan for a few seasons or remain a fan when Darnold is gone(which sadly probably won't be long) then I will remain very skeptical of "fans" like you. 

Every offseason we see a small continent of players chasers from college teams and even a couple from free agent signings. Almost none of them stick around once those guys move on.

Okay so let's say that Sam doesn't work out and he's gone...

...if I stick around, will you take me a bit more seriously than you are currently?

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No, I wouldn't.

I actually agree with you.  lol.

But going back to what I said, very well, dude.

Actions speak louder than cheap words but I hope in time I can prove myself here at the huddle and gain some modicum of respect as a Panthers fan than just being viewed as "Oh. It's that 'Sam Darnold fan' guy.  🙄"

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:25 PM, rayzor said:

so that was you...hmmm. probably not a good idea to let that out. 

It was literally a stupid reason, I said I "heard" Bell was interested in Carolina...but my thread read Bell coming to Carolina...if u read the report it was a rumor but one of the mods got upset n said it was clickbait... didn't let me change the title, like some can do now. 

On 5/29/2021 at 7:33 AM, kungfoodude said:

Not talking to you. Look at who that response was to. That guy questioning your fanhood is a "Jets" fan that came over with Darnold. He is just basically a Darnold homer like we had Bridgewater homers come over last offseason/season. He knows basically nothing about this team he didn't read in an article. 

My bad, I did scroll to fast on that one.

I just realized who the response was for.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:49 AM, glenwo2 said:

Tbh with you, I wasn't even here for Jake, Cam, or even Teddy.

I came here when Sam came here.   🤷‍♂️

And what I was doing was answering CP's absurd take that he'll always be Anti-Sam unless he wins a Superbowl.   

I mean let's be frank here :   If winning a SuperBowl is the prerequisite for CP liking a QB, then(using CP's criteria there) Teddy, Cam, and even Jake failed that.   So in essence, he should be Anti-Teddy/Cam/Jake then.  Fair?

Of course he then backtracks and says he likes Jake and Cam(even says he liked Teddy until he "got tired of him", whatever that means)....lol

I for one, admire Sam actually brought " a fan" along with him. I can only imagine how many Cam fans we lost. But Cam lost me as a fan going to New England. 

Somewhere like Pittsburgh, I would've been cool with. 

See I hold certain players to certain standards. The same reason S.A.M just can't be Andy Dalton for us. 

Let me clarify, if S.A.M. can lead Carolina to the Bowl, hell even the NFC championship, I'll give him respect. 

But I don't see it happening, I have more of a personal grudge against S.A.M. and this stems from his rookie season.

Just like I hate Brees with a passion, but I respect his game. 

Hate A.Rodgers because of his attitude. He so smuck.

S.A.M I dislike once again because he doesn't live up to the hype. His receivers in college made him look good. Those unbelievable catches, c'mon man, why does he deserve any now. 

I got tired of Teddy through out the season with all them damn check downs...trust if you were watching week in and week out you would've grown tired too. Wait a minute, you a Darnold fan, think of ints...

9 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I for one, admire Sam actually brought " a fan" along with him. I can only imagine how many Cam fans we lost. But Cam lost me as a fan going to New England. 

Somewhere like Pittsburgh, I would've been cool with. 

See I hold certain players to certain standards. The same reason S.A.M just can't be Andy Dalton for us. 

Let me clarify, if S.A.M. can lead Carolina to the Bowl, hell even the NFC championship, I'll give him respect. 

But I don't see it happening, I have more of a personal grudge against S.A.M. and this stems from his rookie season.

Just like I hate Brees with a passion, but I respect his game. 

Hate A.Rodgers because of his attitude. He so smuck.

S.A.M I dislike once again because he doesn't live up to the hype. His receivers in college made him look good. Those unbelievable catches, c'mon man, why does he deserve any now. 

I got tired of Teddy through out the season with all them damn check downs...trust if you were watching week in and week out you would've grown tired too. Wait a minute, you a Darnold fan, think of ints...

Who were Sam’s receivers in college that made him appear so great? I don’t recall USC having anyone that great in 2017, but I definitely could be overlooking some players...