• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hire Dan Morgan as assistant general manager

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Derp Huddlers think stuff like that makes them cool. 

Like when Igo was trying to get players podcast guests while promoting bashing players on here.

?? you for real??

9 minutes ago, ellis said:

Not sure, but my aunt (of all people) ran a dog bar and doggy day care w/ Dan and Spoon in the mid-2000’s. Got to know them a little—great dudes. Great to see 55 back in CLT. 

Witherspoon was a stud. We should’ve never let him go. He was just hitting his prime then. 

• Pie 3
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

?? you for real??

I never understood his simultaneous campaigns against locker room favorites like Tolbert and expecting players to want to interact on a podcast. That's not going to go over well and is counterproductive to trying to run a fan site. That stuff created actual hatred here for our players. 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1
20 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

We got guys here who look at mock drafts thinking they know better than the guys dedicating their life to it like Morgan.

• Beer 1
3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

We got guys here who look at mock drafts thinking they know better than the guys dedicating their life to it like Morgan.

Do we now trust Morgan more or still lean to Mr. Scot and Verge? 😊

45 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

With all due respect, did you just explain who Dan Morgan is?

Seriously though, glad he’s home.

You're talking to the Carolina Panthers bot 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4
6 hours ago, rayzor said:

You're talking to the Carolina Panthers bot 

I knew it was the Panthers, didn't know it was a bot.

But still.... its Dan Morgan.

• Pie 1
11 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I never understood his simultaneous campaigns against locker room favorites like Tolbert and expecting players to want to interact on a podcast. That's not going to go over well and is counterproductive to trying to run a fan site. That stuff created actual hatred here for our players. 

Mike Tolbert was resoundingly beloved in his first three or four seasons here. It was within the last two that it became obvious he was washed. How is it Zod's fault? Mike was truthfully treated better than some other players who declined so why choose that hill to die on? You worry about stuff like this too much get some air today buddy.

26 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I knew it was the Panthers, didn't know it was a bot.

But still.... its Dan Morgan.

Well he was before the Cam Era.  So half the fans now wouldn't know who he is. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Chemistry is very important.  Remember, I shared the fact that a friend of mine used to be close to Brandon Beane--I knew him very vaguely-not enough to get dirt.  And of course, when I was told stuff, I did not share unless it was blessed to do so.  I guess I can say this now:  Brandon Beane did nearly everything for the Panthers--arranging trades, working with the scouts, setting up the board--before he was the assistant GM, he told the story of the 2011 draft.  Marty wanted Marcel Darius and did not think Cam's character and the Auburn system was pro style.  Everyone wanted Cam, but Marty kept putting Darius above Cam on the board.  Marty paid no attention to the rest of the draft--he was obsessed on making sure Clausen developed to keep him from looking like an idiot.  Beane said, "When KC and Minnesota passed on Clausen in the second round--TWICE in the draft--that should have told Marty something because they had nothing at QB.  He said Marty tried to trade with the Rams the night before to give them the #1 pick in 2011 (CAM) and the #46 (I think) Pick and the comp third rounder in 2010 to move up.  The Rams refused.  Clausen fell, and MH celebrated and really thought it was the steal of the draft.  They had no second rounder because Marty traded that away the year before for Armanti Edwards (I think I am getting this right) and Beane and the scouts took Terell McClain because we had no DTs and he was high on the board.  He said they had a sixth round grade on Sione Fua and Marty got involved and drafted him with the second third round pick.  They were upset.  Then in the fourth round, Marty went off the board (a player the scouts blacklisted) to take Brandon Hogan, a troubled CB from WV who was coming off knee surgery.   He had not visited, interviewed, or researched Hogan. 

So to have collaboration in the war room--to listen to the scouts, etc.  is very important.   I am surprised we have had the success we have had. 

Good stuff, in other words, we shouldn’t even give Marty credit for drafting Cam

• Beer 3