• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Predators 5/8-5/10 Regular Season Final Two

Harbingers

Lmao... Adam Gold just said on postgame that Juuse Saros will win the Vezina this year.

The only major stat that he is near the top of the league in is save%. He is tied for 5th. Out of those five, he is last in GAA and has the second worst point% in his starts.

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

COL is beating Vegas right now. Maybe they'll lose out, too.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

Vegas lost in regulation. Still tied at 80 points, they play San Jose tonight. Who has the tiebreaker for home ice?

Both Colorado and Vegas have to lose and we'd still finish third due to tiebreakers.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

If anyone was still wondering what the strength of this team was it’s clearly Slavin and Pesce. If they aren’t out there with 20 minutes a piece we simply don’t have the talent on D. Paa is good for what he is and I feel like he’s improving, Skjei needs Pesce to be good and even then he’s still 50/50. Bean I like the kid but I feel like he could go either way. He’s defense is really struggling since they haven’t been practicing. Gardiner I hate to say but has sucked a bag of *****, maybe that’s due to the fact we aren’t pushing in practice/not doing real practices for a month as Rod said or maybe he’s slipping. Dougie just needs some rest. He’s looked slower than Staal at moments recently. 

Our offense can’t survive without our stout defenders there to bail them out when other teams get behind them. Which happens a lot. Way too much. 

As for the discussion regarding last night, I am closer to ABH’s camp. Ya it’s a “meaningless” game, but that’s not a real thing. Those games still had meaning. You’d like to see a better effort from our call ups as it’s quite possible we’ll have to be relying on them for some of the playoffs. Looks like we got out of last night free of injury so why the fug didn’t we play better? Is basically what it comes down to.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Shame we couldn't get 1 fogging point. A couple of wins and it'd be a moot point.

It’s all we needed for a guaranteed third. I still feel like Colorado is gonna win that division on the tie breaker. With 82. We’ll be 3rd or 4th depending on what happens with Toronto going into the playoffs. In reality we just needed to crush Nashville twice. If we did we would have won the league going into the playoffs right now. 

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya it’s a “meaningless” game, but that’s not a real thing. Those games still had meaning.

The way the schedule was set for this season- divisional play only, 8 games per opponent- was almost like the NFL where every game matters. The entire first 3/4 of the season this was a constant talking point about how the season would come down to the last few games for some teams to get into the playoffs.

But now the Canes lost their last 3, all of a sudden they're "meaningless games."

A regular, full NHL schedule, yes, there are some throw-away games. MLB, yes, there are meaningless games. NBA, yes, there are meaningless games.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

The way the schedule was set for this season- divisional play only, 8 games per opponent- was almost like the NFL where every game matters. The entire first 3/4 of the season this was a constant talking point about how the season would come down to the last few games for some teams to get into the playoffs.

But now the Canes lost their last 3, all of a sudden they're "meaningless games."

A regular, full NHL schedule, yes, there are some throw-away games. MLB, yes, there are meaningless games. NBA, yes, there are meaningless games.

Presidents trophy means jack poo to me. Having an extra game at home Vs. Vegas or Colorado, even Toronto or Edmonton if the Canadian government waived the travel restriction would have been huge though. Right now if we make it out of the division and Toronto does too we’ll end up playing them. I would not put it past Colorado to be the team from the other half either. 

Two wins or even as far as two OT losses would have guaranteed us home ice throughout. Now we are on the outside looking in. Nashville is red hot and as all their defense unlike the rest of the games we played them this season. 

The not practicing thing kind of bothers me cause now we’ve seen the result. So hopefully Rod will rip down everything the players think and drive them hard this week in practice. That’s really the only boon coming out of those two losses, now the players have something to fight for and I hope they don’t think of it as oh we were just resting people, we’ll be fine. Because frankly they’ve sucked the last three games outside of Fast, Slavin and Pesce. I can’t even put Aho in that category cause his puck management was horrible. 

• Pie 2

Despite all our offensive firepower, we are still a D first team. Probably always will be under RBA. With that, we also rely heavily on our special teams. I don't think its a coincidence that or PP fell off at the end of the season as well. I hope that is a focus in practice this next week.

• Pie 1