• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Predators 5/8-5/10 Regular Season Final Two

Harbingers

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Resting a lot of guys tonight, As I expected also Slavin isn't even on the injury report pulling him the other night appears to have been purely precautionary.... 

Rod said otherwise but I believe are correct and its just pure hyperbole at this point.

• Pie 1

NASHVILLE - Before facing off in the first round of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Carolina Hurricanes and Nashville Predators square off in the regular-season finale.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (36-11-8, 80 points) at Nashville Predators (30-23-2, 62 points)

Monday, May 10, 8 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, Bally Sports app

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

1: Alex Nedeljkovic stopped 27 of 29 shots in Nashville on Saturday, suffering his first regulation loss in nine starts. Nedelljovic owns a 1.90 goals-against averange and a .932 save percentage, which ranks first among all NHL goaltenders with at least 15 starts.

16: The Canes have killed each of their last 16 penalties, going seven games without allowing a power-play goal. The streak is tied for the seventh-longest in franchise history and is the longest for the Canes since March 2017.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-nashville-predators/c-324538200

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-carolina-hurricanes-nashville-predators/c-324544882

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Foegele-Aho-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Martinook-Lorentz-Fast
McCormick-Shore-Geekie

Defensemen

Gardiner-Keane
Skjei-Hakanpaa
Ryan-Bean

Goalies

Mrazek
Reimer

Scratch: Nedeljkovic

Injuries: Hamilton (undisclosed), McGinn (upper body), Paquette (lower body), Pesce (undisclosed), Slavin (undisclosed), Staal (undisclosed), Svechnikov (undisclosed)

Taxi squad: McKeown"

Glad Martinook is getting a practice game. McGinn I'm not too worried about as he'll be a 4th line smash if healthy in the playoffs, though Paquette concerns me for the reason @Anybodyhome listed before.

Last of the season. No Svech, Staal or D. Lets go out there chippy.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

I don't like the decision to lay down in the game. It definitely isn't good for the notoriously streaky Mrazek and I don't like falling from first to potentially fourth overall.

I hope they can get fired up in the playoffs after losing two straight to Nashville. Definitely don't like going in cold.

• Pie 3