• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Predators 5/8-5/10 Regular Season Final Two

Harbingers

10 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Meaningless game and with this lineup of taxi squaders not surprising.

Gotta disagree. End the season on a 3-game losing streak, 2 of those against your 1st round match up. Not to mention letting them kick your ass all over the ice.

Canes may go out in the 1st round the way they approached their last 3 games.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Gotta disagree. End the season on a 3-game losing streak, 2 of those against your 1st round match up. Not to mention letting them kick your ass all over the ice.

Canes may go out in the 1st round the way they approached their last 3 games.

There are a multitude of examples not just in the NHL but throughout professional sports that this simply isn't true, for all the talk of "momentum" Score first game one and that's it for it.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

There are a multitude of examples not just in the NHL but throughout professional sports that this simply isn't true, for all the talk of "momentum" Score first game one and that's it for it.

Momentum is a real thing in sports. It can make a difference if teams are on the same level, talent and coaching wise. Not the case here. 

I'm not gonna worry about Nashville until they win a game that matters. They did not beat us once this season until we had nothing left to play for. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Stumpy said:

Momentum is a real thing in sports. It can make a difference if teams are on the same level, talent and coaching wise. Not the case here. 

I'm not gonna worry about Nashville until they win a game that matters. They did not beat us once this season until we had nothing left to play for. 

That's also my point, I don't think this gives them "real" momentum half of the guys on the ice are d leaguers and we had little to play for to begin with.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Care to wager your profile pic?

11 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Look at you guys getting testy when someone dares to disagree.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's also my point, I don't think this gives them "real" momentum half of the guys on the ice are d leaguers and we had little to play for to begin with.

It's not even just the taxi squad guys. We've had to play without star players all season long. They still couldn't beat us. 

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

I'm not testy at all man. That's why I offered a friendly bet. 

I get why you want to see more fire out of the guys, I do too. I'm just not worried about it, yet. 

Now, Mraz is starting to worry me a bit. He might not have the best defense in front of him right now, but we all know how streaky he can be. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Stumpy said:

It's not even just the taxi squad guys. We've had to play without star players all season long. They still couldn't beat us. 

Factual but we also didn't have to play without more than 2 stars missing at any given time. Its fair to say that 5 legit stars are out tonight, In a game that we had little motivation to win to begin with. I digress, I will be back for game one irrelevant games aren't going to get me upset.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just shows how little negativity there has been on this board all season. It's been really cool having a little cove of the internet without all the typical pettiness.

I've thought about making a thread on the main board to celebrate the Canes' historic season, but stopped myself each time.

I didn't want to ruin our paradise. 

Apple Eve GIF by Scorpion Dagger

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Count me as one that doesn't like going into the playoffs(in any sport) on a slide. I also don't like not attempting to win when we won't be playing for another week or more. 

I just.......not a fan of this move at all.

It's definitely not ideal. And, leaves an ugly taste behind on an otherwise amazing season.

Whether Rod planned to try to stay as healthy as possible or not, you can bet he's not happy with the effort these past 2 games. If you are in the game, play like it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1