• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 10 Instant Impact Rookies

NAS

I still think Horn makes more immediate impact but this was great to see

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-the-top-10-instant-impact-rookies-for-the-2021-nfl-season-kyle-pitts-jamarr-chase-head-of-the-class/

6. Brady Christensen, OT, Panthers

Have to get one offensive linemen in here, and I didn't want it to be a first-round pick. Too obvious. Quietly, Christensen is the likely Week 1 starter for the Panthers at left tackle, protecting Sam Darnold. Sure, he'll battle it out with 2019 second-round pick Greg Little, but the former Ole Miss star hasn't come close to meeting expectations early in his NFL career and has no connections to the current Carolina staff. 

Christensen's BYU film was pretty darn clean. And it should have been for a 24-year-old blocker with 38 games on his college resume. He moves well for his size and was a quality battler in pass protection with high-end balance. 
image.thumb.png.d26eb1897140320ede1ce8bea0204030.png

• Pie 5

44 minutes ago, NAS said:

I still think Horn makes more immediate impact but this was great to see

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-the-top-10-instant-impact-rookies-for-the-2021-nfl-season-kyle-pitts-jamarr-chase-head-of-the-class/

6. Brady Christensen, OT, Panthers

Have to get one offensive linemen in here, and I didn't want it to be a first-round pick. Too obvious. Quietly, Christensen is the likely Week 1 starter for the Panthers at left tackle, protecting Sam Darnold. Sure, he'll battle it out with 2019 second-round pick Greg Little, but the former Ole Miss star hasn't come close to meeting expectations early in his NFL career and has no connections to the current Carolina staff. 

Christensen's BYU film was pretty darn clean. And it should have been for a 24-year-old blocker with 38 games on his college resume. He moves well for his size and was a quality battler in pass protection with high-end balance. 
image.thumb.png.d26eb1897140320ede1ce8bea0204030.png

Horn has the highest expectation and with the loss of Samuel I see Marshall having a huge impact as well.  Christensen is gravy IMO. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Varking said:

Don’t like to see two Falcons on the list. 

Had the same thought but I think on a comparative basis, we’ve improved our roster more than the Falcons did this offseason.  Will be interesting to see if our W/L record improves more than the Falcons. Rubber meet road.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 2

So, how much of Wilson’s success was Wilson and how much was Christensen protecting his blind side and giving him a clean pocket to operate from?  Is he better than consensus and his draft position would suggest?  Can’t recall many third round rookie LT starting week 1.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

True, but I think Horn and Marshall will also have immediate impact 

Horn sort of has to have an immediate impact as a #8 pick. I don't mean that as in being an All Pro player(although that would be great). He just needs to be able to start the whole season and not be a problem.

I am trying to lower my year one expectations for him because traditionally CB's struggle for a couple of seasons before the light comes on. If he is simply average in the first year and shows flashes of being great, that will be a great start.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2