• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold - QB School

SetfreexX

1 hour ago, Agent Blue said:

Many QBs cant process plays in real time under pressure and make the correct reads.

Cam never could consistently.

Can Sam do it? The jury is still out.

Exactly. I got poo'd by an idiot because I pointed out that JT said that in the video.

Cam was the greatest QB ever in a Panthers uniform but that was his biggest knock, not throwing guys open, but waiting till they were and firing a laser to compensate. He was still a great QB. His cast of receivers were questionable after Smitty and until CMC and DJ so I can see why a QB would give a second look instead of just firing it in there with what he had to work with, especially since INTs no matter what go to the QB.

I'm a Sam Darnold fan now. When I say stuff I'm not hating. I'm hoping for his success over all others. I hope he's the truth. 

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

I don't disagree, but there is a media storyline about Brady as the next big OC wunderkinder.  While he delivered a new an interesting look last year, did he fundamentally fix the offense?  Was he held back by TB?  Did he hold back TB?  

Oh yeah, lots of questions, but I have a feeling that he will get snapped up by a desperate team.

McVay has created the push to find the next young offensive genius. It's an oversimplification of why McVay has been successful. Brady isn't Sean McVay. Most of these "young offensive geniuses" aren't.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

McVay has created the push to find the next young offensive genius. It's an oversimplification of why McVay has been successful. Brady isn't Sean McVay. Most of these "young offensive geniuses" aren't.

I still think Shanahan is better then McVay...

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Sean McVay has had stacked rosters. He's not really doing anything unexpected with the talent they have had.

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Darnold has the arm, he just has to trust what he sees.  Those late throws you can see he hesitates just a split second.  While they were completions, if he rips it as he sees it, those are huge plays.  Instead he sees it, thinks about it, then throws it.

There were signs that his WRs were confused and I saw a few terrible routes.  I think that may explains some of that. 

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Sean McVay has had stacked rosters. He's not really doing anything unexpected with the talent they have had.

Prior to his arrival(his record with them is 43-21), their previous winning season was in 2003. 

So.....you are just flat out wrong.

• Flames 1