• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Rodgers to Panthers?

Zod

Now that I have had time to sit down and really look at it... here are the reasons why I don't like the move:

1) The draft compensation will need to be a lot and at this point this team could use a lot of talent. We can't afford to give up three firsts for him + something when the truth is, we won't be likely Super bowl contenders with him anyway in year 1 or 2.

2) He is going to want a new contract or an extension and he is going to be costly. So now we will have given up tremendous draft compensation AND financial compensation.

3) The truthfully pain part: We have significantly less talent than the Packers do. The year CMC lit the world on fire we averaged 4.7 yards per carry. Last season the Packers averages 4.8. That is as a team. As an individual CMC averages 4.8 per carry himself. Last season Aaron Jones averaged 5.5 yards per carry on over 200 carries. CMC is more talented but in terms of actual production running the ball, Jones was more efficient. so the actual running game here, likely due to the offensive line, is not going to be better than what he had in Green Bay.

Protection? Even with Captain Check down dumping the ball ASAP we gave up 36 sacks as a team. Rodgers was sacked 20 times last year. they have a much better offensive line than we do.

They ran for 400 more yards than we did last season. They ran for 300 more yards than our year before with CMC healthy all year.

We have better overall pass catchers than they do. If you had to grade the WRs on our two rosters 1-5 its:

1. Adams

2. Moore

3. CMC

4. Anderson

5. At this point I would be willing to bet Marshall ends up as the fifth best between these teams by seasons end.

Mason Crosby is significantly a better kicker than Joey Slye. He made 100% of his field goals last year and like 94% of his extra points compared to Slye's 91%.

Oh, I almost forgot TE... where Green Bay has significantly better options. Mercedes Lewis at his old age is a tier or two above Ian Thomas who might be the softest TE in all of football. Lewis scored 3 TDs last year. Thomas has 4 TDs in 3 years. Robert Tonyan scored 11 touchdowns last year for Rodgers. His red zone weapons are significantly better in Green Bay.

On defense?

* We had 7 INTs last year. They had 11.

* We had 58 PD last year. They had 74.

* We had 29 sacks last year. they had 41.

The 3 other teams in his division went 20-28 last year. Our other 3 teams went 27-21.

So we are going to need to replenish talent via free agency but Brian Burns and DJ Moore are about to get paid. They will need to make a call on paying Robbie Anderson. Donte Jackson? Rodgers is about to cost close to 40 million this year.

They won 1 ring with him and they have more overall talent around him than we do here. To get him we have to give up the draft capital to bring that young talent in and there is no promise he won't do the same thing to us as he is doing to the Packers. And with the line we have our QBs are going to take hits here you have to question if he can hold up behind our line. And we are an east coast team. I think he and his significant other would like to be on the west coast.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Aaron Rodgers is probably tired of being the best player on the Packers and being treated like he is the 4th string right guard. The Packers should give him a new contract with everything he wants for the next three years.

If Love could do the job, Rodgers would be gone in three seconds. The Packers have probably figured out Love is an average NFL quarterback who will win 5-7 games a year, thus they are, so to speak, stuck with Rodgers for the next three years, so they should pay what he wants and end this drama.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

In the Future, I think we will see more of this but important QBs will start demanding this before they sign those big contracts with their teams. They will start telling the league, hey I'll come play for you if you agree to do it my way and let me run the offense. It's the NBA approach. It will be interesting to see how that plays out and just how many QBs teams will be willing to give that kind of power to. 

Never happens.  

If anything, teams will start moving on from QB's way more quickly.  

There's some chatter that the Ravens are considering just that with Lamar Jackson...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Whom do you consider to be "more stable"...

...Watson or Rodgers?

Neither..... given what the public knows. I mean if Im forced to pick, Rodgers. But if age isnt a big issue..... I know hes been on a tear with his women problems too......just not at the same rate as Waston per say. Rodgers and one of former ex-esese boy body Danica Patrick both bought a 20 million home with both putting coin in. Among others stuff, dont know if everything is resolved. Hes already replaced her with a another clone as well and I think they are getting married soon...

Would be the best player the Panthers have ever had as soon as he put the helmet on, lol. But yeah, ain't happening.

I saw that he's going to be on an episode of The Conners soon. I think his fiancee and Jeopardy has given him the acting bug and he's done in the NFL before we know it.

6 hours ago, WilsonROY said:

It takes a special fanbase to look at what happen to the Bucs last year with Tom, and go "NO, I WANT DARNOLD".

Absofuginglute koolaid drinkers on this board.

A: Tom wasn’t traded.  NE got nothing.

B: The Bucs are better than the Packers.

C; Rodgers seems like the guy that grabs your wife’s ass thinking he’ll get away with it.

• Pie 3