• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

seems like there's a lot of optimism.....

We all realize the Panthers will be in a very tough division in 2021 which will now go through, until proven otherwise, Tom Brady and the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Matt Rhule’s team will need time to figure themselves out, something you don’t often get in the NFL.

A new quarterback, a healthy star player, and new off-season additions will all have to be added to a team still trying to figure out what its identity will be. Once settled in the Panthers will be a top-heavy roster that is well-coached, and plays to its competition. One who wins games with a gun-slinging big-play mentality behind our new quarterback Sam Darnold

• Pie 1

Added some.key pieces on defense, which should allow our defense to become a threat on 3rd down. Getting the ball back for the offense.  A good offense needs a good dense to get the ball back, and give the offense more opportunities. 

On offense, having CMC back healthy is huge.  Say all ya want about  him being overpaid, or overrated,  but having CMC on the field makes the offense better. 

After the last several years olines, i'm looking forward to seeing how this one will come together. Seems to ke we have some more mauller types on the line. That is always good in my book!  It seems like were even more loaded at receiver this year than last year.  Like I said about Sam, i have seen enough of him to be genuinely excited about this offense, and it's big play capability. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 2

Tepper should get some credit on the general air of optimism.  Other than keeping Marty too long he is making all the right moves.  Focusing on modern NFL management strategies, maximizing our cap management, hiring with with a high bar in mind and investing in the franchise and the region itself. 

Not to mention letting his football people make the ultimate call even while letting it be known what he likes.

The man is a winner, only a matter of time before it is demonstrated to the league.

• Pie 3

Hurney being gone, Fitterer's draft day approach, Snow's gelling defense, and plenty more give tons of reasons to be optimistic!

Also having some of the more reactionary fans being forced to hit the reset button on themselves is always a welcome occurrence every offseason.

Yep...count me in.

Coaching staff did a great job last year with a bunch of young players. The defense nearly beat KC and Green Bay. 

I think this coaching staff can help Sam.  Anderson and Samuel had their best year last year...also see above.  And, the weapons on offense.....

I liked the draft, liked the players they drafted and signed.  Like everyone..a little concerned about the OLine but do think it will be trending up.

And, finally, the front office.  Wow.  What a difference. There is a vision, a plan, discipline, and smart football people executing.  The team just got even better with the return on Morgan.

This team will be in the playoffs. Rhule will get his 1st playoff victory.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm optimistic because for the first time that I can remember, they seem to be thinking 2-3 years out instead of just next year.

• They are conserving cap.  Cap is useful when you are ready to make a run.  That is still 2 years out.
  • Early draft selections were at positions that traditionally cost quite a bit (CB, WR, LT).
  • The guys they selected might allow guys that are due a huge payday a chance to walk (Jackson, Anderson, Moton) that will save cap and produce high comp picks.

Just a totally different approach.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Yep...count me in.

Coaching staff did a great job last year with a bunch of young players. The defense nearly beat KC and Green Bay. 

I think this coaching staff can help Sam.  Anderson and Samuel had their best year last year...also see above.  And, the weapons on offense.....

I liked the draft, liked the players they drafted and signed.  Like everyone..a little concerned about the OLine but do think it will be trending up.

And, finally, the front office.  Wow.  What a difference. There is a vision, a plan, discipline, and smart football people executing.  The team just got even better with the return on Morgan.

This team will be in the playoffs. Rhule will get his 1st playoff victory.

I do see us making the playoffs (wild-card), however I am not sure I see us winning that 1st playoff game unless its against one of...

1. Vikings- I think Sam can manage to outplay Kirk Cousins

2. Bears- Depends on how well Justin Fields is. But I don't think Fields/Allen Robinson Will outplay Sam/DJ Moore/Robby (Not sure who will emerge as his targeting favorite even though a healthy CMC will likely take a lottt of the safe check down targets)

3. NFC South Team other than TB- If by any chance 3 teams from our division makes it into playoffs (i think last time this happened was 2016 or something) we can take a Saints team who has done poorly in the playoffs in recent years. And I don't expect ATL to be able to keep up defensively if Sam finds his 'Mojo" (if he has one)

Edit: Kinda just stopped after 3 lol who would you add or take off?

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 1

In general I'm not sure how well things will proceed. I have seen some things I like this offseason and some things I don't. The biggest positive thing I can say (and this might not last as a Positive) is its DIFFERENT. The draft, some of the choices we made about who to keep and who to let go, the focus on getting younger and more athletic. Those things are different and right now I like it. So that's why I am optimistic.

18 hours ago, electro's horse said:

are you generally optimistic about this season? the way the team is trending? How the leadership seems to be shaping up? 

place seems pretty hopeful. 

I'm not here to poo on things, I'm genuinely curious. 

I'm pretty confident with the direction of the team in general, and the defense in particular, but I think our offense is gonna kinda suck again. 

I don't think it's like 2016, where we all just assumed we'd compete for a super bowl again. But this feels like....pre 2013 ish. Lots of good young players, lots of reasons to be excited, stars on both sides of the ball etc. Obviously no Cam, that's a big one, but lots of reasons to be excited. 

I am a little less optimistic after our offseason a day draft. I wouldn't say I am pessimistic but more worried about the direction. The QB and OL moves really bothered me.

Aside from that, I think our roster depth is much better and we may have improved a lot defensively. It's just a matter of waiting to see which moves work out and which don't. 

Then we can focus on continuing this rebuild in 2022. I want to believe we finally have a clear vision for the future of the franchise. The next couple of seasons will let us know if that is the case or not.

• Beer 1