• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South (Prediction)

Before I start I will say that this post is very opinion based

My prediction is that we will ultimately be 2nd in the division. I believe 1st place will be a lock with TB (at least for this year). Places 2-4 will be very competitive. Maybe only 1 or 2 wins will decide. 

Below is my "end of season" division prediction. 

1. TB: (12-5) Tom Brady and company stayed, I think that is enough said.  

2. CAR: (9-8)The Offense is better, but ultimately we will be leaning on our defense this year. Force Turnovers and hopefully coach Sam to play smarter football. But I do think Sam will surprise some people.

3. ATL: (8-9) I think they're defense was a MAJOR problem with more several holes/needs. With Kyle Pitts joining them and Julio back, I do believe they're offense will be high powered enough to win games as long as they're defense can hold the opposing teams to under 20. Also, I believe Mike Davis will play pretty decent football in ATL maybe enough to play RB1 this year but they will likely bring someone else in to share reps (maybe bring Gurley back). 

4. NO: (6-11) I am just not sold on the QB options they have. Sean has seemed good with QB's but hasn't had to play a complete season without Drew Brees. They are taking as much of a gamble as we are if not more with winston. I don't see his turnover rate dropping too much and taysom was never productive enough to truly be a QB1 in my eyes. 

Divisional Games

ATL: (1-1) I think we will split the games with ATL, losing the first and winning the second. 

NO: (2-0) We will sweep and win both of these games.

TB: (1-1) I think we CAN split the series with TB. I think Sam will come up big in one of the games and pull a comeback win. 

Post what you think or your predictions below

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think we sweep falcons, split with saints, get swept by bucs. I'm seeing 7-9-1 and probably a 2-0 start. We won't be on top of this division until brady/ryan/payton leave.

I honestly think the only person in the way of us being #1 in this division is Tom Brady. If this team keeps going in the direction we do... We will be a contender for 1st place in 2 years. 1 year if Sam ends up being a steal and a true franchise QB for us

• Pie 1

Bucs 12-5

Falcons 9-8

Saints 10-7

Panthers 8-9

Sorry I’m not ranking Darnold above Winston or Ryan just yet. And the oline ...is child’s play to the Saints’. Defense is just too young.

Going to be like any other team Rhule has built, second year still a learning curve. And next year we see a playoff birth.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think we jump to 10-7 possibly 11-6. This defense can be scary good. We haven't had pass rushers like this since 2013 and this is the most talented secondary we've fielded since the Gamble/Lucas days.

If Darnold can win half those 8 last minute losses then we will be in good shape.

The Saints are going to come crashing down. They're going to be running on gimmicks and without Brees they won't be getting any boost from the refs. 

HOME OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-W

New Orleans Saints-W
Atlanta Falcons-W
Washington Football Team-W
Philadelphia Eagles-W
New York Jets-W
New England Patriots-W
Minnesota Vikings-W

AWAY OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-L
New Orleans Saints-W
Atlanta Falcons-L
Dallas Cowboys-L
New York Giants-W
Buffalo Bills-L
Miami Dolphins-W
Arizona Cardinals-W
Houston Texans-W

OK....so this is a homer list-13-4. I think beating Tampa at home depends on when we play them in Charlotte. Hope it is a few games in.  So, I admit I might be off by a couple of wins...so say 11-6.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Lots of room for error here and I think the spread of possible outcomes for most of the teams is wider than ever.

Tampa is the obvious and clear favorite. Frankly, until Brady starts showing that Manning-like slide, they'll be at the top.

My Pick: 12-14 wins

Atlanta has the best offense in the division, so if they can muster an average defense they will be tough. But....they are still the Falcons....

My Pick: 6-10 wins

New Orleans is the most interesting. This is a ready made contending team loaded with talent....but massive question marks at QB. I have an interesting way of breaking this down.

Golden Calf of Bristol 2.0: 7-9 wins

Winston: 8-12 wins

For us, I think we still have a lot of roster holes, so I suspect a lot will depend on how our QB fares.

Good Darnold: 7-11 wins

Regular Darnold: 3-6 wins

This is not me ranking Sam Darnold above the other QB's! This is me ranking what based off of coaching, full rosters (on paper), last years good & bad, and etc. Not doing any specific rankings but if I had to I would put Sam third behind Tom Brady and Matt Ryan. I would put Winston above Sam, but Winston only put up more numbers because he had a wayyy better team. And Winston had more turnovers than Sam. They are both tied to me. Two chuck artists (gunslingers)

28 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

HOME OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-W

New Orleans Saints-W
Atlanta Falcons-W
Philadelphia Eagles-W
New York Jets-W
New England Patriots-W
Minnesota Vikings-W

AWAY OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-L
New Orleans Saints-W
Atlanta Falcons-L
Dallas Cowboys-L
New York Giants-W
Buffalo Bills-L
Miami Dolphins-W
Arizona Cardinals-W
Houston Texans-W

OK....so this is a homer list-13-4. I think beating Tampa at home depends on when we play them in Charlotte. Hope it is a few games in.  So, I admit I might be off by a couple of wins...so say 11-6.

Y’all aren’t beating NE sorry. 

HOME OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-L

New Orleans Saints-W
Atlanta Falcons-W
Philadelphia Eagles-W
New York Jets-W
New England Patriots-L
Minnesota Vikings-W

AWAY OPPONENTS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-L