• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian Miller to return?

dxpanther

18 hours ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

His dad on WFNZ said he trained nonstop on his year off and is faster and stronger than he ever has been.  

I noticed during the draft that a lot of the players ended up opting out for at least part of the season to "get ready" for the draft. Does that mean that we might have more pro-ready rookies this season? 

12 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I think his competition to make the team is Haynes.  And Haynes in in the last year of he rookie deal.  Would be better cost to keep Miller for another couple years.  

how does opting out affect his contract? Did he get paid last year? Do we get an extra rookie contract year? I can't recall seeing anything about that at all.

10 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

He will catch on somewhere. I know his father Corey on a personal level for years and Christian is a hell of a good young man. He had his reasons for opting out and he felt he had to. He didn't want to but he had to. He has been working hard and looks in amazing shape. If he is gibrn a chance he will develop into a reliable piece of the equation and something even more will become a good light in the community as well as a role model to kids in the community just as Cam was when here. Make no mistake if he is cut he will go somewhere else and make a name for himself. He will be a hidden bonus we forgot about who becomes another great piece of the defense of he is kept. He has the mindset to be a great player for this team you just aren't aware of it and all you know is "He opted out" without having even the slightest clue why he felt he had to. He puts someone else above himself and was willing to put his entire dream on the line for others well being. I am no political tool who hangs off every piece of propaganda put in front of me on these absolutely ridiculous news stations and don't believe the virus was as bad as our "pals" at CNN said it was to push their own political agendas but the fact is this virus was a thing and a major risk to a small portion of the population. Christian had to do what he felt he had to do but you have ZERO idea of what he can or cannot do. He is more than you know he is and will catch on somewhere making a difference on Sundays if we cut him like it or not.

I don't doubt he's a great kid.

Being realistic though, between the fact that he was originally picked by an old regime to be part of a scheme that we aren't really running anymore and the opt out (which I agree was justified) he's facing an uphill battle.

Being good on special teams might be his best bet to make the squad.

Would not be shocked to see him as the starting SAM this year. He was/is a really good athlete and when he is on the field, dude produced at all levels. Now it sucks he lost part of 19 and all of 2020, but he has no more of a battle that any of the other 1 year deal guys. 

Also would not be shocked to see us mix in a lot of odd man fronts where he comes in. The 19 team left us with some interesting OLB  mix, as did the acquisition of Reddick.

He is the oddly forgotten guy. Think he would have played a lot last year if he was able to.

13 hours ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

28 and I have (what appears to be) permanent loss of my sense of smell. 

Been 4 months since. Low key kind of like it though no bad smells is pretty nice. But, it's wild how this stuff works. 

I have a good buddy who is mid-30's and experiencing a similar scenario as you -- 5+ months in only has minimal ability to taste and smell.

That said, this condition wouldn't affect either of you as it goes to your ability to make a tackle 😉

What was the total # of opt-outs across the NFL?

Will be interesting to see how many of those players make an opening-day roster this year...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m genuinely curious how it took a year and a half into the pandemic and a couple responses in this thread about the long term damage it causes some young people to realize that you had a shitty take? Aren’t you a nurse? 

Im a psychiatric nurse. A lot of my initial knee jerk response is because I continued to work throughout the pandemic, and butthurt some people got to stay home. speaking of work, i was taking a crap at work when I posted it. At the time, i knew it was inflammatory and wrong. After being told about circumstances or protecting your family and others at risk, which is something i didnt think about with my initial post, i owned up to my stupid comment. 

my initial knee jerk feelings were basically "if i have to show up to a challenging job everyday, so can you, and you are a fringe player that needs every rep he can get to prove himself. i would die for that opportunity".      and that led to my stupid knee jerk comment. 

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't doubt he's a great kid.

Being realistic though, between the fact that he was originally picked by an old regime to be part of a scheme that we aren't really running anymore and the opt out (which I agree was justified) he's facing an uphill battle.

Being good on special teams might be his best bet to make the squad.

oh uphill battle I would have to agree. I hope he does flash. Maybe I'm biased but I think he could contribute and be some sort of a help to this team in the future. I'm not saying hall of famer here but I feel like he could potentially be some form of a okay maker. He is a good guy so I hope luck combined with work put in yields him some good results in camp this year.