• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want a pro baseball team?

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

I'd love to support a local team (I live in and work for the City of Charlotte) but this is 100% Braves country and given that they are title contenders.... that's a tough market to crack.

And when the Panthers got started North Carolinian were largely Redskin fans. Maybe a few Falcons fans due to proximity. But winning cures all while losing won't ever get folks to switch unless you are trying for the sympathy vote

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

I'd love to support a local team (I live in and work for the City of Charlotte) but this is 100% Braves country and given that they are title contenders.... that's a tough market to crack.

I remember the same comment about the Washington Redskins circa 1993...

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I’m not in Charlotte anymore but plan on moving back in the future.

I would much rather have a pro MLB team than this soccer crap.

That said baseball on the TV is pure torture. Maybe it’s nostalgia but I love actually going to the games so this sounds good to me. Really wish they’d cut down the number of teams and ridiculous number of games and up the stakes/talent/quality to make it more enjoyable...but revenue.

Edited by onmyown

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

wonder if putting it somewhere on the west side of the Triangle, with easier access from the Triad would work.  Would love to see it anywhere in NC.

They was trying to do that when the Twins was thinking of moving. They wanted to put a stadium in Kernersville at the time in between winston salem and Greensboro. 

Edited by Squirrel

53 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I’m not in Charlotte anymore but plan on moving back in the future.

I would much rather have a pro MLB team than this soccer crap.

That said baseball on the TV is pure torture. Maybe it’s nostalgia but I love actually going to the games so this sounds good to me. Really wish they’d cut down the number of teams and ridiculous number of games and up the stakes/talent/quality to make it more enjoyable...but revenue.

Baseball is on golfs level of boredom, 99% of young people get bored when theres no simulation each second, baseball must be torture to them.  I stopped watching ball soon after Pooholes leftd the Cardinals. I can not name over 5 players I bet, Mike Trout is one. I played fantasy baseball too, average 3 out 12 in all leagues. I got older, following the game got waaaay more boring. My edge was watching the games and that stopped. I can not believe the money being spent on players comes form either, cause TV right only go so far. Years ago watching games, the stands where nearly always empty on many games.  

Edited by Basbear

The Carolinas getting a team may cause me to watch a few games a year and playoffs... Would be great for the area but for me personally I really don’t care for baseball at all so it wouldn’t affect my life at all.

• Pie 1

I'm not a baseball fan. But, if an MLB team moves to the Carolinas, it needs to be in Durham and named the Bulls.

Instantly recognizable with both historical and pop culture reverence. They would instantly be #1 in merch sales.

bull GIF

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I'm not a baseball fan. But, if an MLB team moves to the Carolinas, it needs to be in Durham and named the Bulls.

Instantly recognizable with both historical and pop culture reverence. They would instantly be #1 in merch sales.

bull GIF

I actually 100% agree with this take.

• Pie 2