• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd best trade in 11 years???!

This can’t be said for any previous GM but Fitty raped the Texans.  We knew it was a good trade.  But how good??

The total sum value of the trade is the 3rd best trade since 2011.  

It’s at the 11 min mark. Yeah I know it’s PFF. 

The one mistake he made is that the pick is Rams 4th that the Texans had in 2022 I think. But the value that he states is still the same because they are grading as if it is a middle of round 4 pick in 2022.  

I am enjoying the new strategy in team building.  They old way killed our depth.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I dont know about that, but It was a eye opener for me and the only one I was like "Id do that", You are right about the future 4th being the rams pick, but my god they play in a insane division and could easily go 7-10 while playing well. Id like to get the roster to the point of only needing like 3-4 rookies too, so the focus would be trading up than back. Even that one trade up was nothing but a late 6th to get your main/last OT target. 

Thats why at drafts end I dubbed thee "The Finesser"

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont know about that, but It was a eye opener for me and the only one I was like "Id do that", You are right about the future 4th being the rams pick, but my god they play in a insane division and could easily go 7-10 while playing well. Id like to get the roster to the point of only needing like 3-4 rookies too, so the focus would be trading up than back. Even that one trade up was nothing but a late 6th to get your main/last OT target. 

Thats why at drafts end I dubbed thee "The Finesser"

Wait its the rams pick not their pick?

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im about 95% sure its the rams pick, seen it somewhere during the draft and details were its the rams pick. @Mr. Scot do you remember the details?

From Gantt's war room article...

The Texans called, offering their fourth-rounder and a 2022 fourth-rounder to move up from 109 to 89. Having given up their own fourth in the deal for quarterback Sam Darnold, the Panthers were immediately intrigued. Then came the haggling. Looking for more value, the Panthers asked which fourth the Texans were offering, their own or the Rams pick acquired in a previous trade. If the Panthers were willing to take the Rams' pick, there was going to need to be more stuff included.

"There's a lot going on at the time," Burke said with a laugh, in the understatement of the night.

Tepper, Fitterer, Rhule, and cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper were standing by Stewart and Suleiman's side-by-side desks, on a call with the Texans. Things were being discussed. It didn't appear to be going well. Burke had a player's name on a card, ready to make a selection at 89.

Eventually, the two sides started speaking the same language, and the deal was made. The Panthers picked up an extra fifth-rounder and the all-important future fourth (the Rams version), giving them five picks on Saturday, and wrapping things up for a night.

• Pie 5

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Gantt's war room article...

The Texans called, offering their fourth-rounder and a 2022 fourth-rounder to move up from 109 to 89. Having given up their own fourth in the deal for quarterback Sam Darnold, the Panthers were immediately intrigued. Then came the haggling. Looking for more value, the Panthers asked which fourth the Texans were offering, their own or the Rams pick acquired in a previous trade. If the Panthers were willing to take the Rams' pick, there was going to need to be more stuff included.

"There's a lot going on at the time," Burke said with a laugh, in the understatement of the night.

Tepper, Fitterer, Rhule, and cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper were standing by Stewart and Suleiman's side-by-side desks, on a call with the Texans. Things were being discussed. It didn't appear to be going well. Burke had a player's name on a card, ready to make a selection at 89.

Eventually, the two sides started speaking the same language, and the deal was made. The Panthers picked up an extra fifth-rounder and the all-important future fourth (the Rams version), giving them five picks on Saturday, and wrapping things up for a night.

So, they got 89, and we got 109 (which we traded for 126, 166, and 232 / Hubbard, Taylor, Hoskins), their 5th (# 158 / Nixon), AND the Rams 2022 4th round pick.

Edited by shaqattaq

16 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

So, they got 89, and we got 109 (which we traded for 126, 166, and 232 / Hubbard, Taylor, Hoskins), their 5th (# 158 / Nixon), AND the Rams 2022 4th round pick.

Yeah.  Texans got Nico Collins at 89. 
And we turned that into the above. 4 players and a 4th next year.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

29 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Yeah.  Texans got Nico Collins at 89. 
And we turned that into the above. 4 players and a 4th next year.  

I can get behind that deal all day! I think Hubbard and Nixon will contribute this year and we recouped our 2022 4th for Darnold. Now, let's all hope the Rams are awful this year.

Edited by shaqattaq

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

I can get behind that deal all day! I think Hubbard and Nixon will contribute this year and we recouped our 2022 4th for Darnold. Now, let's all hope the Rams are awful this year.

It's hard to tell about Hubbard.  The only clips they had of him were when he was in high school.  I think he was a shot in the dark.

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Nevermind..... I was thinking Hoskins..

Yeah I loved the Hubbard pick.

Sorry about that. 

I think the plan last year was to let Davis take a little of the load off CMC, until CMC got hurt and Davis ran his ass off and we couldn't afford to keep him. Hubbard slides immediately into that role, IMO. Nice to keep a bit of the wear and tear off of our $64M man.