• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets at Panthers Week 1 let's goooooo

Zod

2 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Couldn’t ask for a better opening matchup IMO. Darnold won’t have the toughest defense to face his first game in the system, and our improved defense gets to feast on a rookie with literally zero help. 

I see a victory in week one. 

it's the worst matchup on the schedule in terms of game planning and scheming for an opponent.  It's all guess work.   New staff on both sides of the ball.  New QB. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

it's the worst matchup on the schedule in terms of game planning and scheming for an opponent.  It's all guess work.   New staff on both sides of the ball.  New QB. 

I agree with the premise of your post but the Jets are so bad and young I don’t think it makes much of a difference. 

5 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I agree with the premise of your post but the Jets are so bad and young I don’t think it makes much of a difference. 

just something I historically hate.  Part of the reason Cam's debut was historic.....was there was no film on him or the Panthers.   New staff.  New QB.  Our opponents went in blind by NFL standards.   I mean you could study college Cam.  Chud elsewhere.  Ron an unknown.  Vanilla preseason.  But it's all guess work vs normal NFL prep/game planning. 

Sam got 4 wins his rookie seasons.  One of those was week 1.  

It's just my preference to play a game we have the smallest odds to win week 1 and not one we should win.  

I should think our 4 year vet Qb can outmatch a rookie on a worse team full of rookies and first year coaching staff. If the Panthers win I wouldn’t even blame the Jets, they’re at stage 1 rebuilding....on the other hand...

I feel like a loss will be a really really bad sign for the rest of the season for the Panthers.

3 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Darnold has 3 years of experience Vs. a Zach Wilson that is being thrown in the fire after playing questionable competition at the college level. I think Sam HAS to win this game. and if he is outplayed by Zach the media will attack him.

And they should 

year 4 in the Nfl and the weapons he has, the salary he has 

it’s time to man up or get out 

• Pie 3

I wouldn't discount Saleh's influence so quickly. He's a defensive mastermind who believes in pressuring the QB into making bad decisions. Darnold better be ready with the hot reads or it could get ugly for him, painfully ugly. I see CMC and whoever is starting at TE having a major impact. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, NAS said:

I disagree, it's best after there is some tape on him.  We don't know what offensive scheme Jets will even run. 

Yep, a lot of new QBs have looked good until the league gets tape on them. 

I think we have the tools to put a lot of pressure on him and cover his WRs. That should be enough to beat a rookie QB.