• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Darnold the person--I really like the guy from what I can tell.  I think we will be pleased with him.  While everyone was bitching about the cost, it turned out to be a second rounder.  I think this will go down as a the best transaction is Panther history--better than Olsen, Stephen Davis, and ---- Jake Delhomme, if you factor in the risk/reward.

that wasn’t an endorsement for Darnold. It’s just a fact.

I wouldn’t have traded a 2nd rounder for a guy who threw 9 td passes last year. We got fleeced simply because  Darnold is top 5 qb level talent but plays like a bottom tier starting qb/backup. 

everyone from the Jets org and even the fanbase love Darnold as a person and wish him the best. But that doesn’t mean anything on the field. I’ll hope for the best and will admit that I’m getting excited about the possibility of him playing within this system but I’m really not about to make proclamations that this’ll be the best transaction in panthers history. That is very silly.

• Pie 2

I also think it's pretty telling that none of the Panthers players publicly spoke out in support of Teddy.  If he was such a good leader, there certainly would have been more reports in the media.  I think everyone can see through the nice guy persona that he doesn't really accept accountability and just makes excuses as evident in this article

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Brady was a member of the Saints staff.  You think he learned anything about running a pro offense and practice there?

probably.

But he was only an OC running a practice in college.  And Rhule has only run college teams.  Same for the DC.

and I don't think college teams put the same emphasis on things as the pros.  I mean, Rhule, Brady, etc are all going to have growing pains that apply to them.   I mean, that's normal.    I don't think we should be overly sensitive because Teddy might of pointed out a legit criticism as he tries to deflect from his failure here. 

Ron even commented it was a clear mistake not to have a prior HC on staff when he tried to get things rolling in the NFL.   I think it is a safe bet our green staff has learned they did some things wrong in year 1.   That should be expected. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I love how a few are taking this and attempting to use as evidence that supports their negative opinion on the coaching staff. 

Pretty easy to do so considering it is actual evidence that supports negative opinions of the staff.

• Poo 4

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said it at the time of the signing. We just paid a bunch of money for no appreciable upgrade over Kyle Allen.

Despite his rather tasteful name, I'm not Teddy fan, but I don't see Kyle Allen staying healthy long enough to start 15 games. The guy seemed to get inured quite a bit.

2 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

New Broncos QB Teddy Bridgewater opens up on departure from Panthers: 'I'm motivated like never before'

Link:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-broncos-qb-teddy-bridgewater-opens-up-on-departure-from-panthers-im-motivated-like-never-before/

Wait, him not recovering and playing after a potential career ending knee injury and never really being a starter wasn’t motivation enough? GTFO

• Pie 2