• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

"With the whole deal in Carolina, it is what it is, man," Bridgewater explained. "I told them once the season ended, 'I wear big boy drawers, and I understand the nature of this business.' And it's a performance-based business. Yeah, I could sit up here and say Christian (McCaffrey) got hurt and we didn't have this ... (but) I look in the mirror and say, 'Hey, you gotta tighten up.'"

• Pie 4

As an organization, there's things you can do better as well," he said. "I'll just say this, for (offensive coordinator Joe) Brady's growth, that organization, they'll have to practice things in different ways. One of the things we didn't do much of when I was there, we didn't practice two-minute (situations), really. We didn't practice red zone ... (But) I'm appreciative of the opportunity and I just keep it moving."

I have a very hard time believing this

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, Panthera onca said:

All football coaches everywhere work on the two minute drill. He's lying his ass off to cover for his shortcomings.

Did you listen to his entire response to just read the quote?

...because he elaborated and said that they did practice it, but only 15 reps a week.  The other two players who were on the podcast with him said that they were used to having an entire day devoted to that.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Riv said:

Why?

It sure looked like we didn't practice those things very much.

You think we really didn’t practice red zone and two minute drills?

teddy literally couldn’t do what was being asked of him in those drills. he pointed out the things he struggles immensely with. Down field throws in two minute drills and red zone where he infamously said he wanted to audible to a run play when he missed a wide open DJ. It’s not the teams fault. It was his fault. There is no way at the professional level that we weren’t practicing 2 minute and red zone drills. That is insane.

• Pie 1

Just now, Captroop said:

Story checks out though. If they had practiced the 2 minute offense some more, he would have known it wasn't the right time to pop on the Saints bench.

Joking aside though, Teddy seems like a professional who's seen how several teams do things, so if he's saying it, I'd listen. We're not exactly the Patriots, and we shouldn't be afraid of some constructive criticism on opportunities to run things better.

Hey, a reasonable post... what's that doing here?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1