• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

3 minutes ago, Riv said:

My advice would be to listen to what he actually said instead of just reacting to the quote... 

3 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Story checks out though. If they had practiced the 2 minute offense some more, he would have known it wasn't the right time to pop on the Saints bench.

Joking aside though, Teddy seems like a professional who's seen how several teams do things, so if he's saying it, I'd listen. We're not exactly the Patriots, and we shouldn't be afraid of some constructive criticism on opportunities to run things better.

I have constructive criticism for Brady. He needs to get better situationally. Sometimes he gets too cute. Not as bad as chud. I have a very hard time believing we limited red zone to 15 reps a week and barely any two minute drills. Everything he says we didn’t practice a lot with he has historically been terrible across multiple teams. 

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm not here to make excuses, but here's some excuses.

Thought the same thing. I’ll admit I’ve never watched one of his interviews but that one rubbed me the wrong way. Hope Lock beats em out for the job too. Don’t try to fool the people that got you paid and then released you when they realized you’re as good as any backup.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy has always been terrible in the redzone. He just doesn't throw TDs. He's too conservative. Did all his other coaches never work on that stuff either?

Just cash your check and go.

Ya and did he ever say that those other coaches didn't put in the required time for those situations?

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Story checks out though. If they had practiced the 2 minute offense some more, he would have known it wasn't the right time to pop on the Saints bench.

Joking aside though, Teddy seems like a professional who's seen how several teams do things, so if he's saying it, I'd listen. We're not exactly the Patriots, and we shouldn't be afraid of some constructive criticism on opportunities to run things better.

Far from the Patriots, we were a team with new HC, OC and DC with very little pro experience.  Very fair criticism and curious if he brought up the need for more practice to coaches.  Maybe, just maybe our coaches/GM hear this.  He is handling it as well as can be expected, plenty to blame on either side.  Panthers did not throw him under the bus and did all they could to retain his value on the marketplace.   For his sake I hope it stays a two qb race in Denver.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I highly doubt they'll respond. I'd be disappointed if they do. Just move on.

for the record I don't doubt there will be some semblance of a "we're not looking at last season, we're focused on the future" moving on type statement when they are inevitably asked about it, but it doesn't take very much at all to keep the back and forth going. the split appears to be very real, and raw to some degree.

19 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

As an organization, there's things you can do better as well," he said. "I'll just say this, for (offensive coordinator Joe) Brady's growth, that organization, they'll have to practice things in different ways. One of the things we didn't do much of when I was there, we didn't practice two-minute (situations), really. We didn't practice red zone ... (But) I'm appreciative of the opportunity and I just keep it moving."

I have a very hard time believing this

Me too. I’m glad he put it out there though. If anything it will ensure additional emphasis is put on those situations this year. 

Edited by Beast_3000
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1