• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

Just now, RenoCarolina said:

Not throwing him under the bus does not equal lying about the situation.  It was clear from the end of the season that the "Teddy era " (error?) was over.  

While not totally blaming Teddy also served to keep what trade value we had alive .... so our motives were not 100% altruistic.  It still could have been a lot uglier.

Huh?

Again, who can blame Teddy here?

Teddy is who he was.  It's the staff's fault for thinking he was somebody else.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Riv said:

Who was better on that 2019 team?  I don't think trading Turner for Okung made our line better.

Moton has been our best OL for awhile now. Norwell had surpassed Turner by the time he left in free agency. I'm not sure that Turner was ever our best OL after getting paid to be that.

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy has always been terrible in the redzone. He just doesn't throw TDs. He's too conservative. Did all his other coaches never work on that stuff either?

If true why did the Panthers sign him in the first place?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

23 minutes ago, Riv said:

1. They thought Teddy was good enough to invest a bunch of money and years into.

2. Like Teddy, he didn't go out and sign the best players available, they signed guys he and Joe knew from earlier in the careers.

3. They have VERY little NFL experience in the building.  From the owner on down.  Now a guy who's known as a great dude and NFL pro say out loud that they didn't practice like other teams.

4. They decided to try for the playoffs instead of tanking for the generational QB.  Ended up with a horrible season and draft position.

5. They traded down in the draft to get depth, which was an odd move for a roster devoid of talent. I don't want to hear it about the percieved potential of the drafted players or the draft grades, let's see them play first.  I'm just talking about the strategy employed, you can't not say it was a quantity over quality draft approach.

6. They oddly sent away our best offensive lineman just before the season started.

7. They got rid of all of our expereinced vets and completely bungled Cam.

Come on, man. Half of that is bullshit.

• Pie 4

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Moton has been our best OL for awhile now. Norwell had surpassed Turner by the time he left in free agency. I'm not sure that Turner was ever our best OL after getting paid to be that.

Moton is a solid player, don't get me wrong.  Maybe he should've been moved to LT instead of dealing for Okung.  We needed all the help we could get on OL.  Could've used that $20 mil delta between Teddy and Kyle Allen to upgrade that group, but oh well...

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If true why did the Panthers sign him in the first place?

These same guys were dancing in the streets when Teddy was signed.  Now it's Teddy's fault and not the staff's.  

Edited by Riv
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Moton is on the right side because he is not a LT.  The Turner for Okung trade can be graded as either a win or a wash in my book.  Okung only played half the season because he can't stay on the field, but I think he was decent when healthy.  His contract was also an expiring one, while the Chargers straight up cut Trai Turner this offseason.  We got an overpaid player off the books essentially.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Teddy Bridgewater threw 15 TDs last session 

What week will Darnold throw his 16th? 

This team will be worse in 2021 than they were in 2020.

My guess is week 13-15.

• Poo 2