• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

1 minute ago, Riv said:

Ok.  List your reasons why you think Rhule is a good coach.

You’ve already made up your mind on a guy who just coached his first nfl season (with pandemic conditions)?

Give the guy some time.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Moton is on the right side because he is not a LT.  The Turner for Okung trade can be graded as either a win or a wash in my book.  Okung only played half the season because he can't stay on the field, but I think he was decent when healthy.  His contract was also an expiring one, while the Chargers straight up cut Trai Turner this offseason.  We got an overpaid player off the books essentially.

I may not be reading his contract correctly, but I think we had already paid out his gauranteed money before the trade...  Signing bonus was $15mil... GTD was $20,500,000, he made $4.7 in 2018 and he made well over $5mil in 2019.  If he had sucked in 2020 we could've cut him for nothing.

I heard that Rhule made an example out of Turner and that the trade was to save value because he was going to be cut.

Edited by Riv

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because dumb. I'm afraid we repeated that mistake with the Darnold trade.

What other options did they have?? March Will Grier out there to intentionally tank? Are you nuts? No self respecting professional would ever do that from a management/coaching level to a player level. The jets tried to tank last year and their entire coaching staff is gone, Doug Pederson tanked last year, he’s now jobless. Who was the Jaguars coach last year? Exactly. 

As far as bridge water is concerned who gives af what he says, he won 4 games last year, pj walker won 1 by shut out(while throwing two red zone tds). Bottom line is the guy threw 15 tds with dj, robby, Samuel, and an in form mike davis, the cry baby can kick rocks.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

You’ve already made up your mind on a guy who just coached his first nfl season (with pandemic conditions)?

Give the guy some time.

Made up my mind?  I said he's struggling to keep his head above water and listed reasons why I think that.  None of which were covid related.

Just now, Jorgie said:

What other options did they have?? March Will Grier out there to intentionally tank? Are you nuts? No self respecting professional would ever do that from a management/coaching level to a player level. The jets tried to tank last year and their entire coaching staff is gone, Doug Pederson tanked last year, he’s now jobless. Who was the Jaguars coach last year? Exactly. 

As far as bridge water is concerned who gives af what he says, he won 4 games last year, pj walker won 1 by shut out(while throwing two red zone tds). Bottom line is the guy threw 15 tds with dj, robby, Samuel, and an in form mike davis, the cry baby can kick rocks.

What would've been the difference between Teddy and Kyle Allen? Hell, honestly Kyle Allen is better.

4 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

You're right... we should've kept Ron for another season so we could've tanked and fired the staff the same year like we did last time.

They should've kept Cam and run he and Kyle Allen out there to the tune of a 1 win season so we could've drafted Trevor Lawrence.  What we did was stupid at the time and even more stupid now that we got rid of Bridgewater.

Edited by Riv
  • Poo 2

Just now, Riv said:

Made up my mind?  I said he's struggling to keep his head above water and listed reasons why I think that.  None of which were covid related.

It sounds like you’re made up your mind based on what you’re posting.

He definitely is struggling. It’s obvious, but who in his position wouldn’t be?

I personally like what he’s doing here, but I expect him to struggle for a while.

The Darnold thing will probably bite him in the ass, but I recognize he didn’t have a ton of options.