• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

8 minutes ago, Riv said:

Oh... and you also believe that Fox was fired for tanking?

Pederson lost his job because he'd been failing for several years in a row as did John Fox.  What players would we have lost that were worth keeping?  

You're an idiot if you think Pederson was fired for tanking.

You're an idiot if you think a coach can keep his players by intentionally losing. 

Yes, that terrible display of lack of sportsmanship at the end of their game with WTF by pulling Hurts at least lit his seat and the team and national backlash basically finished him off.

• Beer 1

If we had practiced it more, would that have helped him from missing a wide open throw to DJ against Minnesota?  Getting son'd on the goal line against GB?  From throwing a 2 yard drag route on 4th and long against KC (after he burned a TO and took a sack, iirc)?  From taking a sack against NO and forcing us to kick a world record FG?  From throwing a horrendous pick against the Falcons on the final drive on TNF?

Sure, we should prolly practice situational football more, but all those instances I mentioned were his own individual failures...  they weren't systematic.  It was him making dumbass throws and decisions.

As I've said before, we have only had 3 great QBs in our history - Steve Beurelein (sp?), Jake, and Cam.  Outside of those guys, we have had some really bad and dark periods at the position - in no particular order, Jeff Lewis, Weinke, Lytle, Pike, Grier last year, Fasani, Pickles, LeFors, Kyle Allen, St. Pierre started...  and never, ever, ever, had I been more frustrated and hopeless watching a QB here than I was with Teddy.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

2 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

You're an idiot if you think a coach can keep his players by intentionally losing. 

Yes, that terrible display of lack of sportsmanship at the end of their game with WTF by pulling Hurts at least lit his seat and the team and national backlash basically finished him off.

Who said we needed to intentionally lose?

We should've sold off everything that's not nailed down to get as bad as possible and lost the natural way.  You know... like how normal teams rebuild.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I don't think he needs excuses. There's years of tape that shows his limitations. It's on our staff for not seeing it. 

This.  

If it’s the same reclamation project result with Darnold some serious questions need to be asked about their judgement on QB

at sine point the dumpster dive has to stop and they best hope fields doesn’t light it up and Darnold shits the bed 

I don’t want this to happen as there are too many good young players in this team now 

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If we had practiced it more, would that have helped him from missing a wide open throw to DJ against Minnesota?  Getting son'd on the goal line against GB?  From throwing a 2 yard drag route on 4th and long against KC (after he burned a TO and took a sack, iirc)?  From taking a sack against NO and forcing us to kick a world record FG?  From throwing a horrendous pick against the Falcons on the final drive on TNF?

Sure, we should prolly practice situational football more, but all those instances I mentioned were his own individual failures...  they weren't systematic.  It was him making dumbass throws and decisions.

As I've said before, we have only had 3 great QBs in our history - Steve Beurelein (sp?), Jake, and Cam.  Outside of those guys, we have had some really bad and dark periods at the position - in no particular order, Jeff Lewis, Weinke, Lytle, Pike, Grier last year, Fasani, Pickles, LeFors, Kyle Allen, St. Pierre started...  and never, ever, ever, had I been more frustrated and hopeless watching a QB here than I was with Teddy.

Come on, Teddy wasn't that bad.  He's the main reason why we missed on the top 2 QBs. 

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

This.  

If it’s the same reclamation project result with Darnold some serious questions need to be asked about their judgement on QB

at sine point the dumpster dive has to stop and they best hope fields doesn’t light it up and Darnold shits the bed 

I don’t want this to happen as there are too many good young players in this team now 

Not a Fields guy.  The stuff leaked about his work ethic scared everyone off.

Would've preferred Jones.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah. Better than Teddy.

Meh.  I dunno.  Teddy was limited, but Allen was flat out dumb a lot of times.  Honestly, I think Heinecke might be the best of the 3.